5 sports headphones to keep you motivated
Running is an easy, inexpensive way to improve your fitness. With a pair of sports headphones and the right soundtrack, you could extend your New Year running resolution long beyond January.
Why listen to music while running?
- 75% of runners listen to music when they run according to Runner's World magazine
- It can give you a boost when you’re flagging – a track with a fast tempo can spur you on to run faster
- In a test by Runners World, on average, runners completed 5K faster when they listened to music before and during their run.
If you want to find the right soundtrack, there are also loads of specially curated playlists on Spotify with songs to keep up the tempo.
Find out which headphones are best matched to your running style.
1. You want something wireless
If you find yourself getting tangled in wires as you jog or do crunches and curls, wireless headphones could be the perfect option.
We recommend: Bose SoundSport Wireless
- Connect to your phone or MP3 wirelessly using Bluetooth to avoid the hassle of trailing cables getting in the way of your strides.
- Enjoy durable performance – Bose SoundSport wireless Bluetooth headphones are sweat and water resistant to give you long-lasting performance in any weather. High quality audio also means you get the best from both your music and your workout.
- Make sure your earbuds don’t fall out with ultra-secure buds that hook onto your ears.
- Never run out of juice with up to 6 hours battery life for non-stop motivating soundtracks.
2. You want Style and music quality in one
You like to look the part with the latest running gear, so pick an on-trend pair of headphones to match.
We recommend: Beats Powerbeats3 headphones
- Get maximum comfort as you exercise with secure-fit ear hooks that won’t budge no matter how intense your workout is.
- Get durable quality with sweat and water resistance that can withstand intense workouts in all weather.
- Get long lasting power with up to 12 hours battery life on 1 hour on a 5 minute quick charge – perfect if you’re running late need a quick boost.
3. In need of some extra encouragement?
Hit a brick wall with your running plan? A headphone set that doubles as a personal trainer could be the motivation you need.
We recommend: Jabra Elite Sport Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Accurately measure your heart rate to see when you need to slow down or up the intensity.
- Get real time in-ear coaching with tips and feedback to get you the best from your workout.
- Enjoy the total freedom of true wireless – these headphones feature no wires at all with a secure fit that keeps the earbuds firmly in place.
- Get durable performance with sweat and water resistance.
4. If you don't like earbuds
Not a fan of wearing buds? Try a pair of on-ear headphones that are specially designed for intense sport instead.
We recommend: Monster iSport Freedom Wireless headphones
- Power through long-distance runs or exercise outdoors with sweat and water-resistant on-ear headphones like the Monster iSport.
- Sweat and water resistance for durable performance.
- Stay focused, wherever you train by switching from normal mode to turbo mode.
- Switch tracks or pause with easy to access ear cup controls.
5. You want affordable, great quality audio
You’re a casual runner who wants headphones that will delivery great audio quality for your weekly workout.
We recommend: Sony MDRAS410APB Sports in-ear headphones
- Adapt your headphones to your style – these Sony headphones are available in 4 different colours.
- Enjoy rich, high-quality audio – with loud, clear output that lets you hear every beat as you run.
- Work out in any weather with a splash-proof design.
- Loop over-ear hangers and a choice of 4 earbud sizes give you a secure fit - even in the most vigorous workouts
The Sony MDRAS410APB Sports in-ear headphones are available soon