What to buy for music lovers
Music lovers on your list of people to buy for? Whether they’re a busy commuter, party-lover or nostalgia nut, we can help you find the right gift…
Proper music lovers can be hard to buy for – they’re often picky, in-the-know and sure of what they do (and don’t) like.
Making it even harder to narrow in on a gift, are the many ways of listening to music, whether digitally through Spotify or iTunes or with proper vinyl records.
Read our handy guide to help find the perfect gift for the music aficionado in your life…
For the music lover with a train commute
In a nutshell: Enjoy favourite playlists in superb quality without the background noise of the bus, train or office
They pride themselves on their high-end audio kit at home and they deserve the same premium listening experience on their daily commute.
With the new Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones they can enjoy even better high-quality listening from their smartphone with the chatter of fellow passengers or traffic noise blocked out.
These headphones have clever noise-cancelling technology that reduces background noise by using microphones inside and outside the ear cups. In effect, you’re left isolated in a world of superb sound quality – detailed, dynamic and clear.
Use the Bose QuietComfort 35 II to…
- Connect to your phone wirelessly via Bluetooth – no more tangled cables
- Control your music with your voice through Google Assistant
- Stay entertained on longer trips with the huge 20-hour battery life
For the cool kid on the block
In a nutshell: Super-stylish over-ear headphones that keep out unwanted noise – let the music do the talking
Know someone who takes their music very seriously, and looks up to the top DJs on the clubbing scene?
With the latest wireless headphones from hip-hop producer Dr Dre, they can take their listening to the next level – and be incredibly stylish while doing it. The stylish Beats Studio 3 headphones are built using Apple’s technological know-how, and are quick-charging for when they’re on the go.
Use the Beats Studio 3 headphones to…
- Auto sync with other Apple products to manage playlists more easily
- Adjust the sound to match the environment
- Enjoy comfortable listening for hours with cushioned ear pads
For the music obsessive playing tunes at home
In a nutshell: Smartphone-controlled speakers in every room of the home – but bought one at a time
They’re not happy unless they’re listening to an album or playlist – whether they’re getting ready for a night out, cooking or in the bath.
With smart sound multi-room speakers, they can fill their home with music. The wireless speakers connect to your Wi-Fi so you can control them with a smartphone app from anywhere in the home. Play different music in each room - Kings of Leon in the kitchen and the Stones in the sitting room.
The best bit though? You can buy the speakers one at a time, so you can build your network to suit your budget. Sonos is the best-known multi-room system, Sonos Play:1 is a great speaker to get started with
Use it to:
- Fill your home with as many as 32 Sonos speakers, without a cable in sight
- Stream from Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music and more
- Put the more powerful Play: 3 or Play:5 speakers in your living room
For the outdoor party-goer
In a nutshell: Weatherproof wireless speaker that travels light but doesn’t stint on sound quality
You know someone who’s always on the go and wants to take their music with them – to the beach, a music festival, a barbecue or by the pool. They know how to get the party started…
With wireless speakers, they can take their music anywhere. At just 15cm tall, the Bose SoundLink Revolve speaker fits easily into a suitcase, beach bag or rucksack. And it’s very robust and water-resistant, so can take a bit of a hammering.
Use it to:
- Grab and go – it’s easy to handle, unlike some clunky speakers
- Send a text or make a call through Google Now or Siri
- Connect to other speakers to boost the sound for beach or pool parties
For the vinyl addict
In a nutshell: A vintage turntable to get stuck into the current vinyl revival
Vinyl is well and truly back in vogue (some 2 million LPs were sold last year alone), and someone on your gift list has either started buying records or is slowly but surely bringing boxes down from the loft.
Make their day with a new turntable to play their cherished or ever-growing library of vinyl. You can’t beat the nostalgic crackle and pop of a record player…
Use a vinyl turntable to:
- Listen to LPs in high-quality analogue – get a deeper, richer sound than with a digital player
- Turn your records into digital MP3s (most models offer this facility)
- Appreciate music properly
For the avid camper or glamper
In a nutshell: Take home comforts on the road with a portable DAB radio
They like to wake up to the radio wherever they are as it makes them feel at home. Whether they’re camping, glamping or caravanning, they can tune in to their favourite music station to keep themselves entertained.
The 1950s-inspired Roberts Revival Mini Portable DAB+/FM Radio is stylish and compact, with just one speaker, so is dead easy to carry around.
Use it to:
- Stay entertained on short breaks with up to 20 hours of battery life
- Save your favourite stations with 100 pre-sets
- Play music from your MP3 via the stereo line-in socket
For the easy-listening cook in the kitchen
In a nutshell: Be entertained while keeping busy with a retro DAB radio that looks and sounds great
They like to hum or whistle along to tunes on Radio 2 or listen to the big match on Radio 5 Live while preparing a Sunday roast.
With its retro 1950s style combined with modern digital technology, the Roberts Revival RD60 Portable DAB Radio will transport them back to those halcyon days when families ate around the table together.
Use it to:
- Go straight to your favourite station with the touch of a button
- Fit in seamlessly with your décor - it comes in a variety of colours
- Play music from your iPod or MP3 via the stereo line-in
Not found yours? Browse our full range of speakers, headphones and more