3 best tablets for travelling
Take a tablet on your next trip and you’ll get all the power of a computer – without breaking the luggage allowance rules. Here’s our pick of 3 great travel tablets…
For everyday computing
Heading off on holiday and want a good all-round tablet for staying entertained?
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7-inch is an ideal size for travelling. Watch movies, edit documents and browse the internet on the 7-inch screen. It’s large enough to watch or work on without making the tablet too bulky.
Carry it in your hand luggage without feeling a thing thanks to the compact, lightweight design. With it you can:
- Run apps and media at top speed with a powerful Quad-core processor
- Capture holiday memories and panoramic shots with the 5MP camera. Afterwards, try editing your photos with different effects or create fun GIFs
- Keep hold of all those pictures – expand your storage by adding a MicroSD card
- Leave the charger at the hotel room, with a battery life of up to 11 hours that’s one less thing to carry round
Take your computer with you
Need to pack all the power of your PC on your next trip – without a heavy machine weighing you down?
The Linx 1010B gives you all the functionality of a Windows 10 machine in a lightweight and compact design.
Want to turn your tablet into a laptop? It comes with a detachable keyboard for typing. The dock attaches magnetically so you can easily switch between the different modes. With it you can:
- Enjoy an enhanced user interface on Windows 10, which comes built-in. Find out more about Windows 10
- Work on the go with Office Mobile Apps pre-installed – type out emails in Outlook, work on documents in Word, and edit spreadsheets on Excel
- Enjoy seamless syncing with other Windows 10 devices, so you can access all those important documents anywhere
- Have plenty of space for files and photos with 32GB of internal storage, as well as an additional microSD slot for up to 64GB of storage
Looking for a laptop instead? See our pick of the best travel laptops
For watching and streaming movies
Turn your tablet into a portable entertainment hub and kick back with a film on the plane, at the hotel or by the pool. Opt for one with fast Wi-Fi connectivity and you won’t even have to miss your favourite Netflix shows while you’re away.
A tablet that has your entertainment needs covered, the Huawei Media Pad M2 boasts powerful octa-core processing so it runs fast. Enjoy movies and TV shows without any lag.
You’ll also get rich, clear sound when watching thanks to the built-in Harmon Cardon speakers. Expect deep bass, layered treble and impressive mid-range. With it you can:
- Navigate effortlessly on the responsive touchscreen – swipe through previous screens and pages, or return to the home screen with a long press
- Stay secure while travelling by using the fingerprint sensor to unlock your tablet
- Get online fast – the M2 supports the latest AV Wi-Fi standard and connects 55% faster than previous versions
- Take Instagram-worthy holiday snaps and panoramas on the 13MP camera with an ultra-wide angle lens