4 reasons to upgrade your desktop now
Need a new computer? Don’t write off the desktop – compact design and clever tech means they’re built for modern life. Don’t believe us? Check out the top 4 innovations…
1. Stylish Designs
The desktop PCs of old were bulky, ugly affairs – all big oblong boxes and protruding cables. The new breed of desktop PCs are much easier on the eye.
Many boast a sleek all-in-one design that squeezes all the components into the monitor, completely doing away with the old tower design.
These all-in-one PCs use just 1 cable to connect to the keyboard and sometimes the keyboard is wireless.
2. Innovative new technology
Far from being technological dinosaurs, desktop PCs contain some of the most innovative technology around – depending on the model you choose, such as:
- Edge-to-edge displays that have incredibly thin bezels surrounding the screen for a more immersive picture
- 7TH gen Intel Core processors for smooth, effortless computing, whether you’re an everyday user or serious multitasker
- Touchscreens designed to work with Windows 10 – swipe to view open apps or navigate Netflix and suchlike
- SSD (solid state drive) storage for fast booting and shutting down, as well as quick loading of apps and files
3. Windows 10
Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest operating system. It combines keyboard and mouse controls with the kind of touchscreen features familiar to your tablet or smartphone.
These are some of the best features…
- Type notes directly onto web pages and save as PDFs – useful for work projects and planning family holidays
- Stay on top of your schedule and play music using the voice-controlled digital assistant, Cortana
- Get calendar and social media updates from ‘tiles’ on your desktop that automatically update with latest info
- Read online articles free of ads, banners and other headlines in Read View on the Edge web browser
4. There’s a Windows PC for everyone
The great thing about buying a Windows 10 desktop PC is the breadth of the range.
Whether you’re after an affordable family computer or a stylish but powerful home office. The latest cutting-edge tech or an all-conquering gaming rig.
The family computer – Acer C22-760
In a nutshell: Enough power for homework, web browsing and Netflix at a budget-friendly price.
For essay writing, family finances, holiday research and online shopping, the Acer C22-760 is a great option. You can save desk space and complement your interior design with its compact and stylish all-in-one design. It has an Intel Core i3 processor and 4GB RAM to comfortably handle everyday computing tasks – though not all at the same time.
While Netflix’s next big thing will look great on its 21-inch Full HD screen. And if you’ve got thousands of family photos, you’ll benefit from the generous 1TB hard drive.
The contemporary home office – HP 24-e030na
In a nutshell: Minimalist and modern PC that wouldn’t look out of place in a trendy London advertising agency.
If you’re looking for a PC that can turn heads, the HP 24-e030na is well worth considering. Its slim and curvaceous all-in-one design hits all the right notes when it comes to complementing a contemporary Scandi-style home. The white casing and metal stand bring a touch of class.
But it’s no slouch either. Everyday computing tasks will be smooth with the 7th gen Intel Core i3 processor and 8GB RAM. The extra RAM is important as it’ll help your computer do more things at once.
While you can tilt the screen to find your perfect angle. Projects, movies and family photos will look great on the Full HD screen, and there’s a huge 2TB hard drive to store them all.