Are you feeling a little #DesktopENVY? (Competition)
Desktop PCs have gone through a lot of changes in the last few years. It seems like only yesterday that we were navigating Granny´s Garden on the ol´ BBC. Read on to find out how you could win a new HP ENVY Recline Beats Edition to replace your current clunky counterpart...
Desktop PCs have gone through a lot of changes in the last few years. It seems like only yesterday that we were navigating Granny's Garden on the ol' BBC.
But in this portable age, many critics are predicting the demise of the Desktop PC; we beg to differ. We believe the desktop is being reborn, redefined and revolutionised. You've got the touchscreen, the all-in-one, the super slim entertainment hub, and leading the way is the HP ENVY Recline.
This slick all-in-one offers you the versatility of a tablet, but packs the punch of a desktop PC. Perfect for games, entertainment and music, the Recline offers lightning fast speeds with its 4th Gen i5 Processor and brilliant sound from its built-in Beats speakers. And with its 10 point touchscreen, it's perfect for all your Windows 8 Office needs.
Feeling a little desktop ENVY? We thought so.
Thankfully we're offering you the chance to replace your current clunky counterpart with a HP ENVY Recline Beats Edition. Just send us a photo of your old desktop on either our Facebook Page or via Twitter, and tag it #DesktopENVY #TBT for a chance to win.
How do I enter?
Enter via Facebook
- Like our official Facebook page
- Post your #DesktopENVY #TBT photo on our wall.
- Don't forget to include the competition hashtags, #DesktopENVY #TBT
(To check if your photo has been posted correctly on our wall, click the 'post filter' menu and change it from 'hightlights' to 'posts by others')
Enter via Twitter
- Follow us on Twitter (@curryspcworld)
- Tweet us your #DesktopENVY #TBT photo
- Don't forget to include the competition hashtags, #DesktopENVY #TBT
Competition starts at 12.00pm 30th April 2014 and ends at 11.59pm 6th May 2014.
We'll be uploading our favourite #DesktopENVY #TBT photos right here for inspiration.
Terms and conditions
- The promotion is open to UK residents aged 13 years or over only ("Entrants"), excluding employees of DSG Retail Limited (the "Promoter") and their families and the Promoter's associated companies (and their families), agents and anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- All entry instructions on the Promoter's blog at /computing/are-you-feeling-a-little-desktopenvy/ (the "Page") form part of these terms and conditions ("Terms"). By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and any such amendments shall be published on the Page.
- Promotion commences at 12.00pm 30th April 2014 and ends 11.59pm 6th May2014.
- By entering the promotion, winners allow the Promoter the free use of their Twitter and Facebook names and general locations for publicity and news purposes.
- All entries must be submitted personally by the entrant. Entries by 3rd parties, collective entries or multiple entries will be disqualified.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are not received or for delays in the receipt of the prize.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit, delay or prohibit an Entrant's ability to participate in the promotion.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any entries which it feels do not comply with these terms and conditions or where any form of bad faith is suspected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion (including altering any prizes) if it becomes reasonably necessary to do so due to circumstances outside its control.
- To enter, entrants must post directly onto our Facebook page, or tweet us a picture, using the hashtags ##DesktopENVY and #TBT. Entrants without the campaign hashtags will not be eligible for the prize draw.
- Entrants are entitled to enter as many times as they like.
- There will be 1 prize: an HP ENVY Recline 23-k080ea Touchscreen All-in-one Beats Edition, priced at £999 on www.currys.co.uk as of 2.00pm on 29th April 2014.
- The winner will be selected at random on 7th May 2014 and the winning name will be published to www.twitter.com/curryspcworld, www.facebook.com/curryspcworld and /computing/are-you-feeling-a-little-desktopenvy/ (the "Page")
- The winners will be informed via direct message on the channel through which they entered (either Facebook or Twitter) within 2 days of the draw. The winner is required to reply and provide a valid email address and telephone number so the Promoter can get in touch, within 7 days of the date on which the notification message was sent.
- If for any reason the winner does not reply to their notification message within 7 days the Promoter will undertake a redraw.
- The winning Entrants are responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these Terms. In the event they are unable to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate it to another eligible Entrant.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The name and county of the winning Entrant will be available by sending a SAE to the Promoter using the address below.
- The Promoter's name and address is: Dixons Retail Limited, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7TG.
- English law applies to these terms and conditions
We are committed to responsible behaviour and reserve the right to moderate any user generated content i.e. videos/photo's before being published on our Page. The Submitter must have permission from all individuals that appear or are named in the submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the submission and to grant the rights set forth herein.
Submitted photos must be your own work and not contain any copyright images or content.
Submitted content must not:-
• Contain offensive language or gestures; or could be seen as offensive on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or culture; or is a personal attack on another user, individual or company
• Depict situations involving excessive intoxication, drug use and drug associated paraphernalia
• Depict anti-social or dangerous behaviour
• Degrade the image, form, or status of women, men, or of any ethnic, minority, sexually-oriented, religious, or other group
• Contain any lewd or indecent images or language
• Contain gratuitous nudity, overt sexual activity, promiscuity or sexually lewd or indecent images or language
• Contain Dixons Retail store colleagues
DSG Retail Limited reserves the right to adjust this policy as needed and to delete comments or photos for reasons not stated in this list. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us directly.