Student Hacks Competition Terms and Conditions
Student Hacks Competition Terms and Conditions
Geographical restrictions: UK residents only.
Promotion opening and closing dates: 29/09/2014 - 27/10/2014
No purchase necessary
How to enter:
Create a post on your blog giving your 3 top tips for new
- Tweet your post to @CurrysPCWorld, including the hashtag #CurrysStudentHacks, to confirm your entry.
- And then relax!
- We will review all of the entries and our three lucky winners will be selected based on the originality and concept.
The Student Hacks competition closes at midnight on 27/10/14.
Terms and Conditions
- 1.The promotion is open to UK residents aged 13 years or over
only ("Entrants"), excluding employees of DSG Retail Limited (the
"Promoter") (and their families) and the Promoter's associated
companies, agents and anyone professionally connected with the
2. By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and any such amendments shall be published on the Page.
3. The promotion ends at 23:59pm on 27/10/2014
4. To enter, Create a post on your blog giving your 3 top tips for new students. Tweet your post to @CurrysPCWorld, including the hashtag #CurrysStudentHacks, to confirm your entry. Blog posts should be your own work and not from a third party source.
5. Entrants can submit multiple entries, but are only eligible for one prize.
6. Entry is free and no purchase is necessary but Entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for internet access.
7. The winner will be selected at random no later than 27/10/2014
8. By submitting entries to the competition all Entrants warrant that the blog posts are their own original copyright work.
9. In consideration of the right to participate in the promotion all Entrants grant to the Promoter a perpetual, worldwide licence to use, adapt and reproduce their entry in any medium and warrant that they have the relevant authority, licence and permission to grant such a licence.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude any entry to the promotion for failure to comply with any of these Terms.
11. If the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that any Entrant has been involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity connected with the promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that Entrant and any related entries.
12. No Entrant may win more than one prize regardless of the number of entries submitted.
13. There will be 1 x Asus C300MA-RO007 in red,1 x Asus C300MA-RO005 in black. and 1x HP Pavilion 15-p078sa up for grabs (one prize per winner)
- 14. The winner of this prize is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these Terms. In the event they are unable to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate it to another eligible Entrant. The winner(s) may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- 15. Entrants should be aware that prize may be subject to the
Terms of third parties for which the Promoter is not responsible or
liable and by entering the promotion all Entrants are therefore
deemed to have accepted and be bound by those terms and
16. Winners will be contacted via email within 7 working days of 27/10/2014. The Promoter will use all reasonable endeavours to contact the winners within this time period but should any winner not acknowledge receipt of their win within 21 working days of being notified the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to another eligible Entrant.
17. There is no cash alternative for the prizes (in whole or in part) save that the Promoter reserves the right to provide prizes of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable for any reason. The prizes are non-transferable.
18. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries or votes which are not received or for delays in receipt of prizes by winners.
20. The Promoter does not accept liability for any losses or claims whatsoever arising out of the prizes, save for personal injury or death resulting from the Promoter's negligence.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion (including altering any prizes) if, in their sole discretion, it is not capable of being conducted as specified. All amendments will be published on the Page.
22. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit, delay or prohibit voting or an Entrants ability to participate in the promotion.
23. If the entry procedure to the promotion is found to have been tampered with in any way, including submission of 'spam' entries or falsified data the Promoter may withdraw the promotion at its absolute discretion.
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and Facebook shall have no liability in relation to the promotion.
26. This promotion is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
27. Winners details can be obtained by sending a request to the address given below
28. The promoter is DSG Retail Limited, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7TG Registered in England no 504877.
We are committed to responsible behaviour and reserve the right to moderate any user generated content i.e. videos/photo's before being published on our Page. The Submitter must have permission from all individuals that appear or are named in the submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the submission and to grant the rights set forth herein.
Content published on our site must not:-
• Contain offensive language or gestures; or could be seen as offensive on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or culture; or is a personal attack on another user, individual or company
• Depict situations involving excessive intoxication, drug use and drug associated paraphernalia
• Depict anti-social or dangerous behaviour
• Degrade the image, form, or status of women, men, or of any ethnic, minority, sexually-oriented, religious, or other group
• Contain any lewd or indecent images or language
• Contain gratuitous nudity, overt sexual activity, promiscuity or sexually lewd or indecent images or language
• Contain Dixons Retail store colleagues
DSG Retail Limited reserves the right to adjust this policy as needed and to delete comments or photos for reasons not stated in this list. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us directly.