6 gifts she really wants this year
Need a gift for a lady in your life? Stop panicking, forget about all those hints you missed and check out our guide…
The Dyson Supersonic™ hairdryer
Who to buy for? The trendsetter who wants every day to be a good hair day
If hair really matters to the woman in your life, she’ll no doubt already have an eye on the Dyson hairdryer.
This is no regular hairdryer. The motor sits inside the hairdryer’s handle and is as ‘small as a 2 pence piece,’ according to Dyson. The body of the hairdryer is hollow and super light. Dyson worked with some of the world’s best hairstylists and spent 50 months developing it.
‘We’ve been blown away by this ground breaking new hairdryer,’ says Vogue.
- Protect hair from extreme heat damage by measuring air temperature 20 times per second
- Dry hair fast and with greater control by producing 41 litres of high-pressured air per second
- Be easier to handle with the lighter design with the motor in the handle
Who to buy for? Weekend baker who takes their cake-making seriously (and their kitchen style)
Where do we begin? The KitchenAid Artisan is about as iconic as kitchen kit gets. It’s a stand mixer that stars in a certain baking show, but even before then it was the kitchen gadget of choice for serious home bakers and retro, shabby chic fans.
With the KitchenAid, you can...
- Effortlessly mix cake batter with the paddle beater, getting every last bit of flour
- Whisk egg whites to make a firm meringue or whip cream with minimal slog
- Easily remove the mixing bowl or change the attachment with the hassle-free tilt head
The durable design will last years, and what’s more the stainless steel accessories can go in the dishwasher for an easier post-bake clean-up.
Fitbit Charge 2
Who to buy for? Women who want to improve their everyday health without running a marathon
We’re undergoing a bit of a revolution in health and fitness thanks to the rise of wearable tech. These gadgets can track everything from steps taken to calories eaten to help motivate you towards a healthier way of life.
Fitbit is probably the best known of these companies, and its Charge 2 is one of the best you can buy… It’s a fitness band with a large screen (most fitness bands lack screens) and buckle fastener. It’s more like a slim, stylish watch.
Use it to…
- Count how many flights of stairs taken – perfect reason to dodge the lift
- Record your run, bike ride or even yoga with real-time stats on the screen
- Monitor calories eaten and tweak lunch and dinner to improve
- Get an idea of overall fitness levels with heart rate monitor
With 4 colours including teal blue and black you’re likely to find one to match her style too.
Bose QuietComfort 35
Who to buy for? Music-loving ladies with their finger on the pulse of culture and fashion
These are serious headphones for someone who is serious about music. They’re high-end, over-the-ear cans packed with innovative audio tech.
Perfect for commuters, clever noise-cancelling technology blocks out chatter, paper rustling and table-tapping when you’re travelling by train or bus.
Use them to…
- Connect wirelessly to your smartphone over Bluetooth – perfect for iPhone 7 owners
- Connect your smartphone and headphones in a single touch with one-touch NFC pairing
- Enjoy days of commuting on a single charge with 20 hours of battery life
- Stay comfy on long journeys with the padded leather headband and light design
Samsung Tab A 10.01 tablet
Who to buy for? Those who love watching Netflix boxsets in bed
The rise of TV streaming services like Netflix and catch-up TV apps such as BBC iPlayer have turned tablets into mini TVs.
Samsung has designed a tablet that’s perfect for watching films, playing games and getting work done on the go. And the microSD card slot means you can increase storage to a massive 200 GB – up to 160 films.
Use it to…
- Watch your favourite movies and boxsets on the razor sharp HD screen
- Work on the go – swap between two apps with ease thanks to advanced multi-tasking
- Let them play – Kids Mode is a digital playground featuring brighter graphics and child-friendly content
- Capture every moment – the enhanced 8 megapixel camera takes great pictures even in low light
- Share content from your Samsung smartphone or to your computer using Samsung SideSync
Pure Evoke C-D4 DAB Radio
Who to buy for? Ladies who like to cook or get ready while listening to music
Every home should have a digital radio – whether it’s for entertaining weekend chefs in the kitchen or helping you to work each morning from your bedroom dressing table.
The Pure Evoke C-D4 is packed with features that make it one of the best kitchen or bedroom radios around – and it’s even got a built-in CD player too.
Use it to:
- Set as many as 20 pre-sets for your favourite stations – from Radio 4 to Smooth
- Enjoy hassle-free listening with simple set up and controls and excellent sound quality
- Set different alarms for weekdays and weekends – with the snooze button built into the handle
- Play your CDs or stream music wirelessly from your smartphone over Bluetooth
Still haven't found the right one? Browse our gift guide for more inspiration.