6 gifts she really wants this year
Need a gift for a lady in your life? Stop panicking and check out our ultimate guide…
Shopping for women can be hard. You want something she’ll love, but with so many options out there it can be overwhelming.
Whether you’re looking for a birthday gift or a surprise present, we’ve got six great gift ideas for the woman in your life.
1. Dyson Supersonic hairdryer
Who to buy for? The style icon who wants every day to be a good hair day
If hair really matters to the woman in your life, she’ll doubtless already have an eye on the Dyson hairdryer.
This is no regular hairdryer. The motor sits inside the hairdryer’s handle and is as ‘small as a 2 pence piece,’ according to Dyson, which means the body of the hairdryer is hollow and super light. Dyson worked with some of the world’s best hairstylists and spent 50 months developing it.
‘We’ve been blown away by this ground breaking new hairdryer,’ says Vogue.
- Protect hair from heat damage by measuring air temperature 20 times per second to keep her locks looking shiny
- Dry hair faster and with greater control by producing 41 litres of high-pressured air per second
- Perform quieter – transforming a tedious task into a relaxing experience
- Be easier to handle with the lighter design and the motor in the handle
- Smooth and style simultaneously with a nozzle to gently sculpt your hair into shape
2. Beats Studio 3
Who to buy for? Music-lovers with their finger on the pulse of culture and fashion
These are seriously good headphones that provide uninterrupted entertainment with a sleek and stylish look. They’re high-end, on-ear cans packed with the award-winning Beats sound that gives you a great listening experience.
With a stonking 40-hour battery life, these headphones are perfect for a lady who loves listening to music all day, every day.
She’ll appreciate being able to…
- Connect wirelessly to her smartphone via Bluetooth with a huge Bluetooth range
- Take calls, control music and talk to Siri with the integrated on-ear controls and microphone that allow her to switch seamlessly between chatting to friends and listening to music
- Charge up quickly using the Fast Fuel setting that gives 3 hours of battery life from a lightning fast pitstop of just 5 minutes
- Listen for hours in comfort with the adjustable cushioned ear cups
3. Nespresso Vertuo Coffee Machine
Who to buy for? The caffeine addict, who likes to try the latest thing and has high-brow tastes in coffee
If your coffee lover can’t decide between an espresso or a large mug of coffee, then the Nespresso Vertuo is the coffee machine for her. With four cup sizes, she can get exactly the coffee she wants at the push of a button.
Nespresso’s smart barcode system means each blend is automatically brewed to perfection using Centrifusion technology which spins the pod at up to 7,000 revolutions per minute to blend coffee and hot water and create a creamy crema.
With the Vertuo, she can experience:
- freshly brewed coffee, with naturally formed expresso style crema
- quick and convenient coffee – the large water tank and 15-20 second pre-heat means her morning coffee can be ready in seconds
- diverseblends of Grand Cru coffee with tantalizing aromas
4. Instax mini 9 instant camera
Who to buy for? A retro-lover who enjoys capturing the moment and wants to show off those memories
Photography may have moved on some way from the 80s but instant photos from vintage-style cameras still tick the uber-cool box.
The Instax mini 9 is a quick and easy way to capture a memorable moment at any social event.
Keep it on hand for holidays and birthday so you don’t miss that candid expression or goofy glare – then share instantly and put on display to show off.
It even comes with a selfie mirror that allows you to get in on the group shot. You can adjust for picture perfect quality with the close-up lens and use the high-key mode to create a brighter image.
With its smooth curves and stylish design, you’ll have it out at every possible occasion to record memories with friends and family.
5. HP Sprocket Mobile Photo Printer
Who to buy for? The avid photo-taker, album flicker or Instagrammer who wants to see their photos in the flesh immediately
It’s handy to have a printer if you want to put your photos in a frame or an album, but regular printers tend to be bulky and ordering prints can be an inconvenience.
The HP Sprocket mobile photo printer is a tiny printer that can be popped in your pocket to print on the go or easily stored in your desk drawer.
With the Sprocket you can:
- Transform your latest snap into stickable, water-resistant,smudge-proof snapshots whenever you fancy
- Have fun with your photos and add in text, borders and emojis to personalise
- Print directly from your social media accounts – quick and easy and all from a device measuring just 2x3”!
Share your favourite photos with ease with the HP Sprocket Mobile Photo Printer
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Who to buy for? The multi-tasking mum who wants a tablet she can share with the kids
The Galaxy Tab A is a workhorse of a tablet, with a large screen, powerful processor and super battery life. Despite its size, it’s slim and light enough to carry around all day – perfect for a woman who’s always on the go.
Advantages of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A include:
- Same screen multitasking – perfect for catching up on social media while watching a YouTube video or checking email
- Easy sharing of files or photos using Samsung SideSync
- All-day battery life allowing her to work, browse online and watch her favourite shows for 12 hours without charging
- 32GB of storage – enough for 6 hours of HD video or 7,500 photos
- Kids Mode which limits access, controls playtime and has a colourful, engaging layout