Best running tech for beginners
If you’re on a New Year’s running resolution, we can help you find the right tech for you.
Want to get started with running? Whether you’re planning to work your way towards 5K or have much grander ambitions of marathons and suchlike, we have the right running tech for you.
From first steps to 5K (and beyond)
Don’t have much running experience or find the idea of getting started overwhelming? A fitness band will help. The Fitbit Surge is perfect for boosting your everyday health and tracking your runs – what’s more, with advanced features it can grow with you.
With the Fitbit Surge you can:
- Track everyday fitness like steps taken, calories burned and floors climbed as you go through your normal day
- See the distance and pace of your runs with built-in GPS tracking – it’ll even know when you’re climbing hills
- Monitor your heart rate to improve your running performance as your confidence grows
- See how you’re improving over time with performance data synced to your smartphone app
- Stay connected while you exercise – get text and call notifications straight to your wrist.
Need some extra motivation?
You’ve decided you want to be more active but it’s 2 weeks into your regime and you’re flagging. You could really use some extra motivation to help you break through the wall. A fitness tracker like the Garmin Forerunner 25 will remind you when you need to be more active could give you a push in the right direction.
With Garmin Forerunner 25 you can:
- Measure time, distance and pace while you run – as well as everyday fitness stats like steps taken and calories burned
- Keep up your motivation – if you haven’t moved in a while the Garmin sends reminders straight to your wrist
- Keep fit in all weathers with rain and sweat resistance.
Training for a marathon, one day…
You’re starting your running career with big dreams of one day taking part in a marathon and you want to make an investment in the high-end kit used by serious runners. Try a dedicated GPS sports watch rather than a fitness band. The Garmin Forerunner 235 can help with your training – use it to set targets and see how you improve over time.
With Garmin Forerunner 235 you can:
- Measure distance and pace on or off the treadmill with the built-in accelerometer – which doubles as an activity tracker to monitor your daily steps and calories
- Download workout plans designed for your level and experience
- Check your resting heart rate as well as intensity as you exercise with 24/7 heart rate monitoring
- See how you’re doing with charts, graphs and maps outlining your progress
- Map your route and gradually extend the distance with built-in GPS
- Stay running at your best with live tracking and audio prompts from Garmin Connect
Ditch the treadmill
Wait for the perfect conditions for your run and you may never make it outside at all. Instead go for a pair of water-resistant sports headphones – and run outdoors whatever the weather. Jabra Elite Sport headphones are built for all weathers and stay firmly in place with a secure-fit earbud design
With Jabra Elite Sport headphones you can:
- Make the most of your workout with heart rate tracking - see at a glance if you need to slow down or go full throttle
- Get your own person trainer with tips and performance feedback from in-ear coaching
- Experience total freedom with true wireless - these earbuds fit securely in place with no wires at all, giving you maximum freedom even in intense workouts
- Get sweat and water resistance for versatile, durable performance
Caught the running bug? See our range of fitness tech