Best running tech for beginners
Kickstart 2018 by stepping up your fitness regime. From keeping track of your health to running a marathon, we can help find the right tech for you.
Made a new year’s resolution to start running? Whether you’re planning to work your way towards a 5K or have much grander ambitions of a marathon or even triathlon, we have the right running tech for you.
Want a simple way to keep track of your everyday activities?Maybe you run for pleasure and just want to make sure you’re getting the daily exercise that you need for a healthy lifestyle. A Goji Go Activity Tracker will help you keep an eye on those everyday activities.
With Goji Go Activity Tracker you can:
- Monitor your steps, distance travelled, calories burnt and active time – track in real time and get a daily report
- Set goals to motivate you to go for a jog and receive alerts when you reach those goals
- Reflect on your sleep quality – receive reports on your sleep duration and patterns of deep and light sleep
- Rely on the seven-day battery life of the Goji Go Activity Tracker to keep up with you
Step up treadmill and outdoor runs
If you’re determined to stick to your resolution and run regularly, you’ll need a tracker that keeps a closer eye on your wellbeing.
The Fitbit Charge 2 monitors your fitness round the clock, and encourages you to up the ante on runs when you need to. Whether you’re training indoors in the gym or braving the rain and wind, it won’t let you down.
With Fitbit Charge 2 you can:
- Use the built-in heart rate monitor to adjust your pace – from stepping up the intensity to taking it down a notch
- Use enhanced real-time exercise stats to tweak your workout mid-session
- Link up to your smartphone GPS during your run for pace, distance and route mapping
- Track other types of exercise – not just running – from lifting weights to stretching out on the yoga mat
- Switch to the Relax feature when you’re done working up a sweat for a series of personalised breathing exercises
Take your running to the next level
If you’re training for a 10K or half-marathon, a fitness-focused smartwatch with internal GPS will keep you on the right track as it accurately measures time, pace and distance covered.
The Garmin Vivoactive 3 will give you a push in the right direction.
With Garmin Vivoactive 3 you can:
- Measure stress levels over time with the heart rate variability monitor
- Track cardio sessions and other sports, including cycling, swimming and golf, with built-in sports apps
- Map your routes with 13 hours of GPS usage
- See the watch face clearly in direct sunlight thanks to the extra durable Chroma display
- Stay in touch with call, email and text notifications
- Grab a smoothie while out on your run with Garmin Pay. No need to take cash with you
Need some extra motivation?
You’ve decided you want to be more active but it’s a few weeks into your regime and you’re flagging. You could really use some extra motivation to help you break through the wall.
The Fitbit Ionic smartwatch is perfect for boosting your everyday health and tracking your runs – what’s more, with advanced features it can grow with you.
With the Fitbit Ionic you can:
- Get personalised training – the Fitbit Coach app provides over 40 on-screen workouts
- Accurately track your fitness and health with inbuilt GPS and the latest heart rate sensors
- Listen to motivational music – stores up to 300 songs and you can also download music service apps
- Stay connected while you exercise – get text, call, email and app notifications straight to your wrist
- Download third-party apps and make contactless payments using the smartwatch features
- Keep going with a battery life of at least four days
Training for an ultra-marathon, one day…
You’re starting your running lifestyle with big dreams of one day taking part in an ultra-marathon and you want to make an investment in the high-end kit used by serious runners.
The Samsung Gear Sport is a super-stylish smartwatch that goes all-in on fitness, and can help push you to new limits – use it to set targets and see how you improve over time.
With Samsung Gear Sport you can:
- Get personalised fitness coaching – choose from over 60 on-screen workouts
- Check when you’re exercising at different intensity levels with 24/7 heart rate monitoring
- Map your route and gradually extend the distance with built-in GPS
- Stream playlists from Spotify so you can listen to your favourite music on your run
- Go cashless with Samsung Pay. Pick up an energy bar without getting out your wallet or purse