Which smartwatch should I buy?
Always on your phone or bike? Going to the gym or browsing boutiques? Find your perfect smartwatch.
Smartwatches are perfect for staying connected without having to dig out your phone and some even have fitness tracking.
Let us help you find the perfect one.
Before buying a smartwatch, consider your:
- Current smartphone: Whether Android or Apple, you need a watch that’s compatible
- Look and style: Smartwatches come in all shapes and sizes – choose one that fits your look
- Everyday needs: What type of fitness tracking do you want? Contactless payments? Music storage?
A smartphone extension and workout partner
In a nutshell: For iPhone and Android users the Fitbit Ionic is a great option
If you do everything on your smartphone you’ll love the Fitbit Ionic.
Whenever you get a message, call, or email you’ll get a gentle tap on your wrist. And your favourite apps sync too.
Think of it as a personal organiser on your wrist, that can also help you keep fit.
With it you can…
- Pay for your lunch by scanning your watch with contactless payment
- Take your run, bike ride or swim to the next level with built-in GPS to record distance, speed, pace and elevation
- Personalise your workout using the Coach app to access over 40 on-screen workouts
- Download third-party apps to unlock even greater functionality from your smartwatch
- Listen to music stored on the Ionic or from a music service app
- Go without charging for longer – with four-day battery life
Whatever your style, there’s a Fitbit Ionic to suit – with sport, leather and classic straps for every occasion.
A classic watch face for lasting style
In a nutshell: The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier has the look of a normal watch but boasts snazzy smartphone features
The always-on display gives the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier its traditional watch face. But don’t let that fool you.
With it you can…
- Answer and make calls, adjust controls, read emails and open apps
- Check the weather with its atmospheric sensor
- Listen to stored music– 4GB worth through the built-in speakers or by connecting to a Bluetooth headset
- Track your activity for fitness monitoring
- Get location information through built-in GPS
Compatible with iOS and Android.
Smart technology in a traditional style watch
In a nutshell: Like the idea of a smartwatch but put off by the style? The Huawei Watch 2 Sport 4G could be the answer
The Huawei Watch 2 Sport 4G is among a new breed of watches that has a more traditional look. The strap is a standard size to allow for swapping, and the watch face can also be changed to match your preference.
Beneath its elegant façade lies seriously smart technology. You can:
- Get your messages, calls and calendar updates directly to your wrist – with phone synced to your watch or 4G SIM card inserted
- Access hundreds of smartwatch apps – from games to Uber
- Ask a question and Google Assistant will answer
- Grab a quick coffee using contactless payments
- Keep track of your health and fitness with the built in heart monitor, step count and calorie burn
The watch runs on the Android Wear 2.0 operating system but works with both Android and iPhones.
Enjoy a luxurious and stylish assistant
In a nutshell: Put off by the utilitarian look and feel of a lot of smartwatches? The Asus Zenwatch 3 is a cut above in the style stakes.
Made for luxury, the ASUS Zenwatch 3 has…
- A detailed design that exudes sophistication and uses premium materials
- Classic Swiss design – round face with stainless steel diamond-cut bezel
- Durable finish to the slim watch face – protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla glass
- Customisable – a choice of genuine Italian leather straps and more than 50 watch faces
- Intuitive and simple three button design
More than just a pretty face, the ASUS Zenwatch 3 can receive your messages, calls and calendar updates. ASUS’ ZenFit app tracks your steps – recording your activity and providing reminders to move during the day. Also compatible with Android.