Save space with built-in appliances
Splashing out on a stylish new kitchen or saving space in a small one? Integrated appliances could transform your kitchen…
Washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cooker hobs and fridges all come in integrated form. These are built-in to your cupboards, giving your kitchen a cleaner, more cohesive look.
Why should I think about integrated appliances?
- Save counter space – microwaves and ovens can live side by side in your wall
- Make your kitchen work better for you – a built-in oven at eye level means less bending down
- Don’t cramp your interiors style – no freestanding appliances that don’t match your units
- Open-plan feel – your kitchen will seem bigger without freestanding fridges or cookers
How are integrated appliances different?
They’re designed to easily slot into your cupboard cavities and be hidden behind a door. Usually they measure the same as standard-sized kitchen units which makes them narrower and shorter than freestanding machines.
As well as looking sleek and sophisticated, a built-in oven can really change the way you cook.
Benefits of built-in ovens…
- Place it at eye level – easy to see how your dishes are cooking and less strain taking food in and out
- Mix and match hobs and ovens – you're free to choose the type, model and style of both
- Easy to clean with enclosed design – no more pulling out the cooker
Why not try… Neff Slide and Hide oven
Its clever door slides into the bottom of the oven when you open it, and catalytic liners turn fat and grease into fine ash for super easy cleaning.
Housed in your kitchen worktops, built-in hobs look fantastic. Plus, you can put the hob where it’s convenient for you as it’s separate to the oven.
Benefits of integrated hobs…
- Choose between electric, gas or induction – regardless of your oven
- They’re designed to fit average kitchen worktops, which measure around 60cm (600mm) deep
- Make it work for you – save space with 2 or 3 hobs, or go with 5 hobs plus added wok burner
Why not try…Bosch induction hob
This 60cm hob is a great addition to any kitchen. Much faster than gas or electric, induction hobs generate heat via special magnetic pans and are easy to clean because spills won’t get burnt on to the hob.
Big, tall and essential – a fridge freezer can be difficult to conceal. Go integrated to blend your most noticeable appliance into your kitchen’s design.
Benefits of integrated fridge freezer…
- Often slimmer than freestanding fridge freezers (designed to fit a 60cm gap)
- Blends into your kitchen’s design by sitting behind cupboard doors, with trailing cables concealed
- Easy to clean – no one likes cleaning down the sides of the fridge
Why not try… SAMSUNG BRB260031WW 60/40
You get 194 litres of fridge and 72 litres of freezer space, with Metal Cooling to keep your food fresher for longer. Plus, Total No Frost means you never have to bother with defrosting.
Tired of your boxy, not-so-pretty washing machine ruining your oh-so-pretty kitchen? With an integrated washing machine you can shut it out of sight…
Benefits of an integrated washing machine:
- Seamlessly blends into your kitchen’s style – a big white washing machine can never be shabby chic
- They’re often quieter to run as they’re soundproofed by your kitchen cupboards
- Keep your smalls and other delicates out of sight when friends are over – spare your blushes
Why not try… BEKO Select Wi1438
You get drum size and discretion with this BEKO. Pack loads of laundry into its large 8kg drum (about the biggest you’ll get on an integrated machine) or get freshly washed clothes fast with the 39-minute quick wash.
Wash those dishes right out of your hair with an integrated machine that you can shut away – out of sight, out of mind.
Benefits of an integrated dishwasher:
- Load up the dishes, shut the door and forget about it ‘til morning
- Slimmer ones free up more space for storage while still washing 10 place settings
- Have the control panel visible by opting for a semi-integrated model
Why not try… Kenwood KID45S16
We love this slimline integrated dishwasher for its energy efficient performance. As well as being just 45cm wide, it also features technology that uses less water and energy to get your dishes clean.