What is an auto-clean oven?
Wave goodbye to grease, grime and scrubbing pads and say hello to the weekend with an auto-clean oven…
It’s dirty, smelly and a drain on your free time.
No wonder most of us don’t like cleaning our oven. In fact, it’s the household cleaning task we loathe the most, according to research by Mintel – even worse than scrubbing the toilet.
So why not invest in an oven that cleans itself? An auto-clean oven will need no more than a quick wipe-down.
- save you time -wouldn't you rather be binge watching a series or going for a walk in the great outdoors rather than cleaning the oven?
- save you money – you’ll spend less on cleaning products and scouring pads with auto-clean
How does auto-clean work?
The ovens feature that's known as a pyrolytic cleaning cycle (that’s the science bit done). Simply switch it on and the insides of your oven will be heated up to 500ºC, reducing grease, spills and scraps of dried-on food to a pile of ash. This can then be easily swept away and wiped with a cloth.
During the cycle the outside of the oven maintains a far lower temperature, and its door is automatically locked with an inbuilt safety lock.
It'll take roughly a couple of hours, and you can’t cook at the same time. You'll still need to clean the glass door manually though - as well as your oven racks. But that’s small potatoes compared to the whole oven.
While this type of auto-cleaning does use more energy, you actually end up saving energy in the long run because the system requires high levels of insulation - making your oven more efficient than standard ovens. You'll also save on oven cleaning products or the expense of professional cleaning.
Choosing the right auto-clean oven
This Beko built-in electric ovencombines innovative technology with sophisticated design. There’s stacks of roomfor a Sunday roast with 71 litresof oven space.
We love its…
- steady temperature across all 3 oven shelves thanks to its fan heater – always achieve perfectly roasted meats and evenly baked desserts
- clear digital display – program the oven to switch on and off when you want so your casserole will be ready when you get home
- removable oven door glass and side racks - it’s easier to wipe the bits that don’t clean themselves
Hotpoint is known for its stylish, reliable appliances, and this electric induction oven looks great in any kitchen with its sleek silver and black design.
We love its…
- induction hob – it’s much faster than a conventional hobas it heats the pan directly rather than the cooking surface so you won’t waste energy
- pre-set cooking functions – pizza mode delivers a delicious crispy base, while the bread setting is ideal for baking fresh homemade loaves
- Fan-assisted oven – heat is distributed evenly so foods are cooked to perfection