What is an auto-clean oven?
Wave goodbye to the grease, grime and scrubbing pads with an auto-clean oven…
It's dirty, smelly and a drain on your free time.
No wonder most people don’t really love cleaning their oven. In fact it’s the household cleaning task people dislike most, according to Mintel.
So why not wave goodbye to the grease, grime and scrubbing pads with an oven that pretty much cleans itself? An auto-clean oven will need no more than a wipe-down.
- save you time - wouldn't you rather be doing something you enjoy rather than cleaning the oven?
- save you money – you’ll spend less on cleaning products and scouring pads with auto-clean
How does auto-clean work?
The ovens feature a pyrolytic cleaning cycle. Simply switch it on and the insides of your oven will be heated up to 500° reducing grease, spills and scraps of dried-on food to a pile of ash.
This can then be simply swept away and wiped with a cloth.
During the cycle the outside of the oven maintains a far lower temperature, and its door is automatically locked with an inbuilt safety lock.
It'll take roughly a couple of hours, and you cannot cook at the same time. You'll still need to clean the glass door manually though - as well as your oven racks.
While this type of auto-cleaning does use more energy, you actually end up saving energy in the long run because the system requires high levels of insulation - making your oven more efficient than standard ovens. You'll also save on oven cleaning products or the expense of professional cleaning.
Choosing the right auto-clean oven
This Bosch built-in oven combines innovative technology with sophisticated design. There’s plenty of room for the Sunday roast with 63 litres of oven space.
We love its:
- steady temperature across all 3 oven shelfs thanks to 3D Hot Air technology – no more moving around food
- energy saving eco setting that lets you focus all the heat on one shelf when you’re cooking just a pizza or a tray of chips
- flexible telescopic rails for easy loading/unloading of the oven and creating areas cooking big things
Smeg may be more famous for its fridges but this freestanding cooker is a real favourite with a stylish, pro-kitchen design and 70 litres of cooking space.
We love its…
- industrial stainless steel finish and cast iron pan supports - belongs in a professional kitchen
- dual fuel combination of electric oven and gas hobs for the best of both worlds
- 5 oven shelves and full width grill for cooking big family meals