Which fridge freezer should I buy?
Looking for your first-ever fridge-freezer, or one that can handle a large gathering and big family parties? Find your perfect fridge with us…
The fridge freezer is the hub of the family – whether yours is precariously packed with goodies or scarily neat and ordered.
How big a fridge do I need?
Space inside is measured in litres. The more litres your fridge has, the more food you’ll fit in it. Average family fridges start at around 200 litres, while American-style models can reach 400 litres.
Read on to find your perfect fridge-freezer…
1. For hosting dinner parties
You’re always entertaining and love nothing better than to throw parties for friends and family. Whether you’ve got grown-up children with grandkids in tow or teenagers still living at home, you need the fridge to live up to your entertainment standards.
Why not try… Samsung RS58K6487SL
An American-style fridge freezer is perfect. These are much larger than regular models – with the fridge and freezer side by side - so this Samsung model is a great option.
The best bits:
- One of our largest fridges (395-litre fridge) with lots of shelves/wide door racks for foods and sauces
- Everything from stored meat to all the prepped veg is kept in perfect condition in the temperature-controlled drawer
- Food stays fresher for longer thanks to special cooling tech called Precise Chef Cooling
- Keep food in tip-top condition without ice build-up with No Frost tech
- Enjoy ice and cold water from the fridge’s in-door dispenser
2. Young couple decking out first home
You’ve just moved into your first home together and you need to buy everything – from TVs and washing machines to bedding and sofas.
It’s proving to be expensive – even though family are helping out where they can.
You’re looking for basic appliances that will get you up and running without breaking the bank. Your house or flat is quite small, and there are no kids running around (yet).
Why not try… BEKO CSG1571W
This basic fridge freezer offers plenty of space and good energy-efficiency for young couples on a budget.
The best bits:
- Save cash for the other things you need for the house with this budget fridge-freezer
- Ample space for a couple’s average weekly shop (175-litre fridge/82-litre freezer)
- Keeps food at the right temperature whatever the weather outside
- Use less electricity and keep bills down with A+ energy efficiency rating
3. Growing family with little spare time
Your life is very busy with work commitments and looking after children, not to mention all the Christmas food shopping! Time is precious, so you’re looking for appliances that can make life that little bit easier.
Loads of freezer space is a must – you don’t have time for a daily shop and you need food to stay fresher for longer.
Budget is important, too. You have a specific amount of cash and you want the best possible fridge for your money.
Why not try… LG GBB60PZGFB
The most popular type of fridge freezer is the tall, free-standing model. They offer plenty of space and can be put pretty much anywhere.
The LG GBB60PZGFB is a great example of a premium medium sized fridge.
The best bits:
- Plenty of room for a big Christmas shop for a family of 4 (250-litre fridge/93-litre freezer)
- Meat, dairy or fish stays fresher longer in the Fresh Converter compartment – it has 3 temperature settings
- Frost free means never getting the towels and hairdryer out again to defrost the freezer
- With Smart Diagnosis the fridge lets you know about any possible faults direct to your smartphone
- It’s quieter to run and uses up to 32% less energy – saving you money on your utilities
- Maintains steady temperature whether it’s hot or cold outside with NatureFRESH cooling