Our guide to cordless vacuums
Cordless vacuums are powerful as well as convenient for cleaning your home… Isn’t it time you went wireless?
Say goodbye to tangled cables and hello to simple, stress-free cleaning with some serious oomph.
With battery life improving rapidly and increasingly powerful motors, cordless vacuums can replace your main vac to handle the whole house anytime.
Why buy a cordless vacuum?
- Vacuum more efficiently – no more trailing cords slowing you down
- More portable – reach under the sofa or take outside to clean your car
- Lightweight so you can whiz up and down the stairs without changing plug sockets
- Easier to take care of smaller jobs like crumbs and mud before visitors arrive
Are cordless powerful enough to do all of the hoovering?
The latest generation of appliances now offer as much power as a corded vacuum and more than enough battery life to get around your home in one go.
Some models with lithium batteries can last for up to 60 minutes on a single charge. Lithium batteries also charge more quickly than standard batteries and don't waste energy once they're fully charged. The more amps, volts and watts a cordless vacuum has, the more powerful it is. First-generation cordless vacs lacked oomph, but now most models can easily suck up as much dust as corded vacuums.
Free up much needed storage space
Lightweight cordless vacs are the exact opposite of bulky corded vacuums. Because they’re considerably smaller, cordless vacuums take up a lot less space – which is great if you’re rapidly running out of it. Some cordless vacuums come with fixtures and fittings included so you can attach it to a wall. Utilise the inside of a cupboard to hang your vac and make more room for storage.
Cordless vacuums we love
DYSON V8 Absolute
If you want to pull out all the stops and go for the best, you’ll love this top-of-the-range vac.
- Up to 40 minutes vacuuming on a single charge
- Tackle deeply ingrained dirt with 150% more brush bar power
- Switch to a handheld cleaner in seconds – perfect for car, stairs and sofa
Dyson V6 Total Clean
If your budget won’t stretch to top-of-the-range but you still want decent power, try this Dyson.
- Extra brush bar oomph and a max power mode for deep cleaning.
- Hard floor cleaner head to handle floorboards and tiles.
- Easily detachable handheld vac for stairs and sofa.
If you’re looking for a bargain vac that will keep your home clean with minimal fuss, this Bosch is perfect.
- Tackle different surfaces without changing heads
- One-hour battery life for endurance cleaning sessions
- Three performance levels to tackle stubborn dirt
Want to explore more? See our full range of cordless vacuums