Which action cam is right for me?
Skateboarders and sun seekers, travellers and techies. Find the perfect camera for your summer adventure…
Skateboarders, surfers, travellers, adventurers
In a nutshell: Record your latest ride or run or travelling expedition from your own perspective with an action cam
GoPro cameras are designed to help you shoot videos from the skate park, mountainside, ocean, beach, bike track, river rapids and pretty much anywhere. They’re small rugged cameras that attach to things like: bike helmets, skateboards, surfboards, rucksacks, wrists, drones, headbands and more.
They allow you to record memories as you see them – from your point of view. Your videos and photos can be uploaded and shared from anywhere. With GoPro + your videos and photos are automatically uploaded for online sharing as soon as you plug your GoPro on charge.
Why not try… GoPro Hero5
Simply the best GoPro. Capture the world as you see it with the GoPro Hero5. Whether shooting video or stills, everything is designed you don’t miss those moments.
- Hit the waves straightaway with built-in waterproofing to 10M (earlier GoPros required a separate housing)
- Think it, say it, do it – say ‘GoPro start recording’ for hands-free recording with voice control
- Shoot steady footage of snowboarding, cycling and other fast-moving sports with image stabilisation
- Shoot video in Full HD or 4K – perfect if you have a 4K TV
- Shoot professional stills in RAW for better editing control
- Stop and start recording with a single, fuss-free button
Shoot 360 video for YouTube
In a nutshell: Create cool 360 videos and photos of your summer adventures which look totally original (and out of this world if you have a VR headset).
Virtual reality is transforming how we see the world. Central to this is 360 video. This type of video places you slap-bang in the middle of the action.
YouTube has a 360 video channel and the BBC and publishers like the Press Association are experimenting with it. But if you’re hitting festivals or travelling this summer, 360 video and photos are a great way to make memories. You just need a 360 camera.
How 360 video works
When watching 360 footage on YouTube, you can choose to watch the video from different angles.
The top corner of the video will have a compass, which you can select to see things from up, down or all around. Watch it while wearing a VR headset like the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive and you can see all around you as you turn or raise your head.
Why not try… Ricoh Theta SC
Want to shoot 360 video and photos in the simplest possible way? The Ricoh Theta S is the pocket-sized point-and-shoot of the 360-video world. It’s summer adventure friendly.
- Simple controls – simply hit the shutter button to shoot footage or take a photo
- Full HD resolution footage and good low-light performance
- Uses two 360 degree cameras to record simultaneously
- Shoot cool spherical still images that look incredibly cool
- Simple sharing – hooks up to your smartphone with built-in Wi-Fi for easy editing and sharing
Another option? You can also shoot 360 video at Full HD with the Kaiser Baas X360