From focus music to help you study to chilled out afternoons with your friends and all-night parties, music is part and parcel of uni life. Make the most of it with our pick of the best wireless speakers…
For the party animals – multi-room speaker system
In a nutshell: If you and your housemates like to party, a multi-room system lets you change the vibe in every room.
A multi-room speaker system gives you high-quality sound throughout the house. With the flexibility to play different music in different rooms, you can cater to everyone’s taste and make house parties a breeze.
Why get a multi-room system?
- Play music from your computer, tablet or smartphone via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Have your music follow you around the house without having to carry a speaker or music player with you
- Play DJ in every room: set up different soundtracks for each spot – high-tempo hits for the dancers in the living room and chill-out tunes in the kitchen for those who want to chat
- Stream content from Spotify or Google Play as well as from your own digital library
- Bring your speakers together in the living room to create a 2.1 or 5.1 surround sound system
- Invite party guests to contribute to the playlist directly, so everyone gets their requests met
- Some systems are voice controlled, so you don’t even need to have your phone on you to skip a tune
For chilling in halls or digs – sound bar
In a nutshell: Make your room the place to be for movie night or pre-night out drinks with an all-in-one speaker system.
Whether you’re streaming movies on Netflix, getting ready for a night out or have your mates round to watch live sport, a soundbar will make everything sound better.
Why get a sound bar?
- Boost your TV’s sound or stream your Spotify playlist from your smartphone via Bluetooth
- A single slim speaker that takes up minimal space with no trailing wires
- Built-in or separate wireless subwoofer for deep, powerful bass notes
- Some sound bars have virtual surround sound for a truly cinematic experience on flat movie nights
- There are affordable models available to suit a student budget
For adventurers and sun-seekers – portable speaker
In a nutshell: Pint-sized and portable – celebrate the end of term with a garden party or relaxed park hangout.
Take your music with you wherever you go with a portable speaker. From relaxed study sessions to beach picnics or impromptu parties in the park, you’ll never have to put up with quiet, tinny sound again.
Why get a portable speaker?
- Small enough to slip into your bag to take anywhere with powerful sound for any size of party
- Stream music from your laptop, tablet or phone over Bluetooth
- Up to 20 hours of play time for non-stop music day and night – if you can keep up
- Stylish, colourful designs make your speaker the centre of attention
- Waterproof models are perfect for chilling out in the bath or taking to a pool party
Share this article
Related in Speakers