For the gadget lover
The Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM 3 portable Bluetooth speaker is the big brother to the slightly smaller MEGABOOM and it packs a serious punch. The sound has been beefed up thanks to a bigger woofer. You’ll get crystal clear audio and distortion-free bass, even at full volume.
The 360-degree design throws your music into every corner of the room, making this a great speaker for parties and get-togethers.
The MEGABOOM 3 is one tough cookie too. Drop it, trip over it, kick it in the pool, and it’ll be fine – it even floats!
- Thundering bass thanks to the uprated woofer.
- Blast music into every corner of the room thanks to the 360-degree design.
- Virtually indestructible and IP67 rated so you don’t need to worry about those party mishaps.
- Party all day (and night), thanks to a 20-hour battery.
For listening at home
JBL is a well-known brand when it comes to delivering incredible audio quality, and the Charge 3 is ideal for anyone who loves to listen to music while relaxing at home or in the garden.
You can stream high-quality powerful audio straight from your smartphone. And at both ends of the speaker, you’ll find JBL’s ‘Bass Radiators’ which adds an extra boost to the bass.
With the JBL Connect+ app, you can connect up to 100 of JBL’s Connect+ enabled speakers – perfect for parties.
- Incredible audio and deep bass thanks to the JBL Bass Radiators.
- Listen all day with up to 20 hours of battery life.
- A USB port so you can charge your phone from your speaker.
- IPX7 waterproof rating so it’ll withstand being submerged in up to a metre of water for 30 minutes.
For the audiophile and business traveller
It might be smaller than some other 360-degree speakers, but don’t let that fool you, this thing can really punch above its weight. Despite its compact size, the SoundLink Revolve delivers a really rich and balanced sound and its 360-degree driver sends music in all directions.
It has rubber bumpers at both ends that’ll easily stand up to a heavy knock or two and with its IPX4 rating, it’ll withstand a heavy downpour too. Whether you’re camping in the wilderness or just chilling by the pool, the Soundlink Revolve is compact and rugged enough to take anywhere.
- Immersive 360-degree sound.
- Robust and water-resistant thanks to its rugged design and IPX4 rating.
- Hold down the multi-function button to use Siri or Google Assistant.
- Use multiple Revolve speakers at the same time using the SoundLink app.
For the party perfectionist
Looking for a speaker that’s all about the bass? Well, the Sony SRS-XB41 pumps out bass by the bucket load, thanks to the dedicated Bass Boost button on the top. Don’t worry about it struggling to cope at higher volumes either, Sony has added reinforced speaker cones - so even at full volume, you’ll get powerful, distortion-free bass.
And speaking of volume, this thing gets seriously loud. Crank up the volume, hit the Extra Bass button and it transforms into a speaker that’ll get the party pumping.
As well as incredible sound, it also has a built-in light show. Strobe lights pulse to the beat while a coloured LED strip lines the edge of the speaker. Download the Fiestable app to control the lights and even add DJ sounds to your music.
The battery is huge too. You get up to 24 hours of playback from a single charge, so it’ll probably outlast your phone. It’s a good job there’s a USB connector in the back for when your phone needs a bit of extra juice.
- Thundering bass thanks to the reinforced speaker cones and added Bass Boost feature.
- An IP67 rating means it’s completely waterproof and even washable.
- Built-in light show that pulses in time to the beat.
- Huge battery providing up to 24 hours of playback.
Share this article
Related in Speakers