3 essentials for getting set up with a new computer
Setting up a new computer for school or work? We’ll help you get the best start with the essentials.
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Make sure you’re fully protected from viruses – avoid any risky downloads to keep your personal details safe
- Install software for all your daily tasks – these will allow you to write assignments, create spreadsheets or edit images
- Have the right storage solution ready – so you can easily file documents, music and photos to keep them secure
If your new computer doesn’t come with software installed here are the basics of what you need.
Internet security software: McAfee LiveSafe Premium
In a nutshell: You can protect your digital life, monitor your usage and control who has access to your Wi-Fi
Your computer holds a lot of sensitive information - from your bank details to personal information. Recent news stories have shown us how personal information can be abused – so, it’s important to protect yourself from online threats. McAfee LiveSafe™ Premium gives you security and confidence in protecting your details.
With it you can:
- Protect your online and digital presence with LiveSafe™ tools
- Set limits for users or block sites to protect your children while they’re online
- Block and remove unwanted programs, malware and viruses
- Track your laptop or mobile with anti-theft technology if it’s is stolen – plus the data will remain encrypted
Office software: Microsoft Office 365 Home
In a nutshell: From student essays or managing budgets – this all-in-one package give you all the essentials you need
With favourites like Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Microsoft Office 365 Home offers everything you need.
With it you can:
- Get the whole family sorted – install on up to 5 devices including Mac, tablet, smartphone and PC
- Create presentations, documents and spreadsheets on the go with secure access on demand via the internet
- Access your files anytime, anywhere – even offline
- Use it with ease – the app-based screen will turn a novice into a pro, and you can use it via touchscreen, keyboard or pen
Storage: Knowhow Cloud
In a nutshell: Keep holiday pictures, your favourite tunes and important documents safe with automatic backup to the Cloud
You want to keep the things you love safe – so make sure you pick the right storage to go with your computer. The KnowhowCloud is online and easy to access from wherever you may be, plus:
- Automatic backup of files and folders – this will stop you accidentally losing anything precious
- Store your valuable files, photos and media from up to 5 devices – including your tablet, PC or mobile
- Easy access all your files from anywhere, and upload on the go
- Files are private and secure – and you can share your latest project with friends whenever you like
KnowhowCloud is available in 3 different storage sizes, so you can pick the right one to suit you.
Not quite found the right laptop for you? Find your perfect match