5 waterproof gadgets to take on holiday
You may have seen an ad where Tom Daley plays with his phone by the swimming pool, and thought to yourself that you wouldn’t want to take that risk. What if you dropped it – and broke it? Doesn’t really bear thinking about, right?
Well, with those perfectly legitimate concerns in mind, we’ve put together a list of some incredible tech that has no problem with a little bit of water. And if you’re planning a summer holiday, these are ideal for relaxing by the pool – or even in it.
1. Apple Watch Series 3
Ever taken a dip in the pool, and forgotten to take your watch off? With a waterproof watch, you can relax. The Apple Watch doesn’t only look great, but its tracking tech is really accurate, too.
Here’s what it does:
- It keeps track of how far you’ve swum – no more guessing what number of lengths you’re up to
- It knows what stroke you’ve been doing, so you can judge when to change up
- It measures your strokes per length, so you can stay updated on your swim progress
2. Sony Waterproof MP3 Player
Picture the scene. You’re lazing on an inflatable sunbed, drifting around the pool with a drink in hand, the sun on your face and your favourite music in your ears. Bliss. That is until someone who thinks they’re very funny tips you over into the water to spoil the mood. Thankfully, it won’t matter if you’ve got the Sony Waterproof MP3 Player in your ears.
Top features include:
- Great sound quality – enjoy your fave tunes in crisp clarity
- Bluetooth connectivity so you can leave your phone on the sun lounger on your swim
- Up to 12 hours of battery life – giving you a whole day listening
- Slimline - suitable for sports and swimming
3. Kindle Oasis
If you can’t be without your Kindle when you go on holiday, this could be right up your street. The top of the range Amazon Kindle Oasis is waterproof, which means that any poolside mishaps needn’t spell the end for your Kindle.
As well as the waterproofing, the Oasis has a bigger screen, actual buttons, greater storage space and a longer battery life.
So the challenge is set: how many books can you read this holiday?
4. JBL Link 10
You’ve got the pool, you’ve got the sunshine. All you need now are some tunes to enjoy while you relax.
Look no further than the JBL Link 10. Not only has it got enough battery life for music from dawn ‘til dusk (and beyond), but the quality is really good, and it’s waterproof too. Very waterproof. Let-it-fall-in-the-pool-and-it-will-be-fine waterproof.
5. GoPro HERO6 Action Camera
Never forget an amazing holiday – get it all on film with the GoPro HERO6. Whatever your adventure, even one that involves getting wet, it’ll be just the job.
Here are the main features:
- It’s light for something so tough – it only weighs 117g.
- It’s waterproof down to 10m – perfect for the odd marine exploration
- Make a beautifully edited video from your footage, complete with music and effects, which you can upload and send to your friends.
- Voice control - use commands like “Go Pro, start recording.”
So surf the waves, hit the slopes, get hiking – and watch it all later on.
For the ultimate poolside escape, check out our range of water-resistant headphones
Share this article
Related in Gadgets