The best tech to take on holiday
Before you go
The more organised you get in the build-up to your holiday, the more relaxed you’ll be during the break itself. That’s why it’s important to think ahead with a few essential gadgets to get everything sorted before you jet off.
1. Monitor your home from afar
No matter how much fun you’re having, the question of what’s going on back at home always manages to pop into your head while you’re on holiday. Well, thanks to new video doorbells you can now monitor your home from wherever you are in the world.
Day or night – the motion sensor tech alerts you when movement is detected. You’ll get a live view of your property while sat poolside – and infrared night vision even lets you even see what’s going on at night. So, you can get 24/7 reassurance that all is well back at home.
The Ring Video Doorbell 2 & Chime Pro is a great option:
- Check who’s at your door from your device
- Two-way audio communication
- Records Full HD wide-angle video
- Works with iOS, Android or Windows devices
2. Blow dry before you board
Expensive trips to the salon before your summer holidays are a standard ritual. But what if you could recreate that summer-ready do and then take it away with you? Guess what – you can with a state-of-the-art hair dryer.
Running late for the airport? Your hair won’t need to pay the price. Dry it in less time thanks to Air Multiplier technology and a powerful digital motor, which gets your hair looking great and you out the door in no time.
The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer does this and more:
- Gives you shinier, healthier hair
- Doesn’t vibrate as much as other modes, minimising noise
- Air Multiplier technology dries hair super-fast
- Smoothing nozzle is included so you can dry and style at the same time
While you’re away
Your holiday starts from the moment you get to the airport. This is why you need tech that’ll keep the good times rolling from the moment you’re waiting for your gate to open to that long-winded journey back home. And we have just the products.
1. A trip down memory lane
Who wants to spend their whole holiday on social media? Go for a more retro option and take an instant polaroid camera with you on your travels. Not only do these cameras make great accessories, but you can snap up keepsakes with you right there and then as they happen.
And of course, you’ll still want to upload the odd social media post on your holiday – but think of the unique posts you can create with your cool retro moments.
Take the Instax mini 9 Instant Camera on your trip:
- Snap up instant photos of memorable moments
- Use selfie mirror and close up lens to take unique self portraits
- Makes a great accessory
- Compatible with Instax mini film
2. Switch up in-flight boredom
Bored kids on a flight. They’ll try your patience, make a whole load of noise and treat the person in front’s chair like a kick drum. Why not keep them entertained with a game console so you can slip into holiday mode nice and early?
You might be partial to a game or two yourself. Invest in a bundle and you can lose yourself in battles on the flight or race laps around your opponents while relaxing on the beach. The possibilities are endless, and the fun is 100% guaranteed.
Look no further than the Nintendo Switch:
- Transforms between a home console and portable system to play on the go
- Includes built-in Wi-Fi
- Play more with 32 GB hard drive
- Get friends involved with dual analogue sticks.
Looking for more gadgets to upgrade your summer holiday? Browse our range.
Share this article
Related in Gadgets