Gadgets to aid your New Year fitness regime
You’ve made a resolution to get fit, and right now you’re pretty pumped. Keep the motivation going and find a gadget to help you meet those new year goals…
On New Year’s Day it’s easy to feel determined that this year will be the year you get fit, tone up or simply lose a bit of extra weight. But we all know how easy it is for that willpower to quickly drain away!
Somewhere in between the leftovers still sitting in the fridge, the biscuit tin gifts and the chilly weather, you lose the drive you had at the beginning of the year.
But it doesn’t have to be that way – have a look at some handy gadgets that’ll help you stay motivated and healthy all year round…
Juice your way to a healthy diet
In a nutshell: For the busy bee who want a quick and easy solution treating more fruit and veg
Got a New Year’s resolution to cram more fruit and veg into your diet? It can be tricky to meet the recommended guidelines, but a juicer is a great way to squeeze every last drop of those important vitamins into your diet.
The Philips Viva HR1832/01 Juicer is the quick, easy and delicious solution to your health kick. You chuck the fruit and veg of your choosing into the top and instantly collect those fresh juices from the spout.
Glug it back and start your day happy!
Other advantages of the Juicer include:
- A ‘Direct Serve’ function that allows you to quickly top your glass up without filling the juicing jug first
- A drip stop spout – preventing spills and keeping your countertop clean
- Easy pulp removal – a transparent pulp collector means you can see when it needs emptying.
- Dishwasher safe parts that are easily dismantled for cleaning convenience
In a nutshell: For those with a resolution to get fit but need some encouragement to achieve their goals
Perhaps you often find that you lack the drive to work out?
From amateur to the pro athlete, it's important to stay motivated to reach your fitness targets and the Fitbit Ionic is just the personal coach you need to cheer you on.
The Ionic has multi-sport tracking modes and displays your real-time stats so you can see whether you've reached your goal for the day or need to keep going - from miles run and lengths swum to calories burnt.
On-screen instructions guide you through workout routines. But the Ionic is a flexible coach, adjusting the routine according to your feedback.
There's a bunch of additional features to keep you on track:
- Cardio Fitness scoring helps you to stay on top of your cardiovascular health - you can set goals to improve your aerobic performance and follow personalised breathing sessions to maintain a good heart rate
- Built-in GPS allows you to map routes for a hike, bike or run and accurately track your activity
- Play music to push you into that extra sit-up or down into a squat
- Connects to your smartphone, with notifications to help you stay in touch while you exercise
- Reliable and long battery life leaves you free to focus on your workout
Need reminding that every step counts?
In a nutshell: You want to be healthier but need a fitness plan to work with your everyday life
Maybe you have an office job and need to remember to stretch those legs every now and then?
It’s easy to get caught up with deadlines, but the Garmin Vivofit 3 can help remind you to keep moving at work. The unobtrusive, slim wristband tracks your movement and steps.
The fitness tracker records your movements to show you your fitness stats, and uses the information to help you set goals…and hold you to it! The audible reminders will tell you if you haven’t moved in an hour and get you shifting to burn off those holiday pounds.
With the Vivofit 3 you can:
- Track and record your stats from a whole range of activities – including swimming
- Get motivated - with praise when you achieve daily step goals and advice from health experts to keep you focused
- Wear it 24/7 – with different coloured bands to suit different occasions and an incredible one-year battery life, you’ll never have to take it off
- Track your sleep – analyse your sleep cycles and their relation to how refreshed you feel the next day
- Challenge yourself or your friends and family to activity targets over Garmin Connect
In a nutshell: You have a playlist filled with energy and you want to propel that energy into your workout
Find music super motivating but cords annoying?
Try out the Beats by Dr Dre Powerbeats3 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones that hook effortlessly behind your ears for blissful audio entertainment without the tangle.
The ergonomic design fits snugly and securely over your ears and the Beats come with four sets of ear-tips to fit different sized ears.
These Beats also come with:
- An amazing 12-hour battery life and a 'Fast Fuel' option to give you an hour of playback after only 5 minutes off charging
- Super-fast wireless syncing - simply turn on your headphones and hold them up to your Apple smart device to get a simultaneous Bluetooth connection for smooth streaming
- A dual-driver system that delivers high-grade audio with a thumping bass and crisp top end notes to motivate you as you train
- Remote Talk - to make calls, activate Siri, change the track and adjust the volume
- Sweat and water resistance - to withstand a heavy workout session and inclement water
In a nutshell: You want to have a visible result from all the hard work you're putting in to get healthy
Perhaps it's your waistband you're worried about? If so, it's easy to track your weight loss progress using the Garmin Index Smart Scale. Not just a bright scale, the Index Smart Scale connects to your Garmin connect account over the home Wi-Fi to record each weigh-in.
But it's not just your weight the scales measure - they analyse your entire body composition metrics Your:
- body mass index
- body fat percentage
- body water percentage
- muscle mass
- bone mass
All of this allows you to keep a close eye on your stats and celebrate the achievements, from incremental to incredible.
The smart scales also automatically recognise up to 16 users, so the entire family can use with no mix ups in your progress reports.