Goji Go HR – for the running newbie looking for inspiration
So you’ve decided to fulfil that lifetime goal by getting fit, and perhaps even running a marathon one day. But where do you even begin?
The first thing you need to do is set some achievable goals, and that’s where a simple, inexpensive fitness tracker can really help. If you’ve never really done a lot of running, the secret to sticking with it is easing yourself in gently.
The Goji Go HR fitness band is simple, easy to use and gives you all the motivation you need to get started. With the Goji Go HR, you get:
- Heart rate monitor – keep an eye on how hard you’re pushing yourself and track your overall fitness
- Distance tracker - track your progress and set new targets
- Long battery life – get a full six days from just three hours charge
The Fitbit Ionic – for the seasoned runner with their sights on a marathon
If you’ve already progressed from weekend jogger to hardened runner, you’ll probably be thinking of upgrading to something that’s going to push you to the next level - and beyond.
Any runner will tell you that training for a marathon is all about putting in the miles, but there’s a lot more you can do to make sure you’re as prepared as physically possible.
As well as being a capable and stylish running watch equipped with GPS and heart rate monitor, this fitness wearable has a few extra tricks up its sleeve to really give you the edge.
The Fitbit Ionic has something called Dynamic Person Coaching which lets you personalise your workout using easy to follow on-screen instructions. With the Fitbit Iconic, you can:
- Help avoid injuries by following the on screen stretch guidance before and after your run
- Follow personalised dynamic training sessions that include squats and lunges
- Use PurePulse to continually monitor your heart rate
- Store and play music to keep you motivated
Fitbit Charge 3 – for the tech-savvy cyclist
With plenty of clever features (not to mention its sleek good looks), the Charge 3 gives you all the data you need to monitor and improve your health and fitness.
The Charge 3 has a nifty little feature called ‘SmartTrack’, which can automatically detect what type of activity you’re doing. Whether it’s running, cycling or field sports, it’ll track it all without you having to worry about pressing the start button.
Everything syncs with the Fitbit app too making it easy to track your progress. You can also link your Fitbit to cycling apps like MapMyRide to track and save all of your favourite routes.
With the Fitbit Charge 3, you can:
- Automatically detect and track your activity using SmartTrack
- Get accurate health monitoring using the built-in heart rate monitor
- Improve your recovery times and help with relaxation using guided breathing sessions
- Use the OLED touch screen to see all of your activity records, smartphone alerts and daily routines
- Sync everything with the Fitbit app to track your fitness over time
Garmin Vivofit 4 – for the swimmer who wants to track every stroke
If you’re looking for a fitness band that automatically tracks every activity and comes with a world class app to see all your stats – the Vivofit 4 might be just the ticket.
You don’t even need to set your activity. Just start swimming, and Garmin’s Move IQ feature will detect your activity and automatically start tracking it.
With the Vivofit 4 you get:
- Customisable colour themes to personalise the face of your fitness band
- Seamless syncing with the Garmin Connect app
- Move IQ which automatically detects and starts tracking all of your activities
Share this article
Related in Fitness & Smart Watches