Before buying a smartwatch, there are a few things to consider…
- Current smartphone: Whether Android or Apple, you need a watch that’s compatible
- Style: Smartwatches come in all shapes, sizes and colours
- Everyday needs: Look for the features that will work for you - do you want fitness tracking, contactless payments, music storage?
A smartphone extension and workout partner
In a nutshell: For iPhone and Android users, the new Fitbit Versa is a great option
If you do everything on your smartphone, you’ll love the Fitbit Versa. Whenever you get a message, call or email, you’ll feel a gentle tap on your wrist.
With it you can…
- Track your run, bike ride or swim with your phone’s GPS
- Get personalised on-screen workouts and discover your cardio fitness level
- Track your monthly cycle to gauge ovulation and log your menstrual health
- Go without charging for longer – thanks to the four-day battery life
- Store over 300 songs to keep you motivated whether you’re walking to work or running on the treadmill
- Pay for your lunch by using your watch to pay by contactless
An extra bonus? The Fitbit Versa comes in a range of colours.
Get it here in ruby and rose gold – exclusive to Currys PC World.
For serious fitness tracking
In a nutshell: The Garmin vivoactive 3 is a funky and functional smartwatch
This robust and durable smart sports watch has all your fitness needs covered, while keeping you connected.
With it you can…
- Get notifications, read emails and texts, control your music and even find your phone if you’ve misplaced it
- Stay active with one of the 15 pre-loaded sports apps – including cycling, running, golf and paddle boarding
- Track your route, distance and speed with built-in GPS
- Monitor things like sleep, heartrate and stress levels
- Make payments from your wrist with Garmin PayTM Ready
- Simply swipe through menus and app with the easy-to-see full colour Chroma display
- Download faces, apps and widgets for a personalised smartwatch
Compatible with iOS and Android.
Smart technology in a stylish watch
In a nutshell: Like the idea of a smartwatch but fancy something a bit different?
Michael Kors Access combines fashion and function with a range of colours and finishes to choose from including the Grayson model in cool blue or silver.
But beneath their elegant façade lies seriously smart technology. You can:
- Get text, call and email notifications straight to your wrist
- Use voice command to find out the weather, get directions or ask for diary reminders thanks to built-in Google Assistant
- Sync to your smartphone and use it to control your music
- Customise its AMOLED display so all your favourite features are just a tap away
- Wear it in the shower or the pool – its water resistant
- Monitor your heart rate, steps and distance run with Google Fit
It runs on Android Wear but still works with iPhones too.
For training for a triathlon
In a nutshell: Not only does the Samsung Galaxy look chic, it doubles as a fitness tracker too
City slicker during the week and triathlon challenger at the weekends? Then this is the smartwatch for you.
With it you can…
- Track your progress in all your favourite sports from swimming to running – it’ll even monitor your sleep patterns
- Map your route and gradually extend the distance with built-in GPS
- Sync with other Samsung devices so you can control your fridge, lights and more, all from your wrist
- Receive and make calls when your phone isn’t to hand
And if you just want a cool accessory to impress your friends, it’s got you covered there too.
For style and function rolled into one
In a nutshell: A new addition to the world of smartwatches – and a great entry level model for smartwatch newbies
The Emporio Armani Connected looks sharp and comes with all the wearable fitness tracker tech you could need.
This watch will…
- Give you call, email, text and app notifications on its AMOLED display
- Keep you connected to all your favourite apps via the main watch dial
- Keep you motivated by tracking your fitness progress, heart rate and step-count
- Stay waterproof up to 30 metres
- Respond to your commands with built-in Google Assistant. Just say “Okay Google” – and your genie shall appear
- Stream playlists connected with your smartphone or WiFi
Plus, you can tailor your look with interchangeable bracelets and by customising the display.
Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
Share this article
Related in Fitness & Smart Watches