Must-have gadgets for kids
Let’s face it – Christmas is all about the little ones.
Is there any greater joy than seeing their beaming faces on Christmas morning as they unwrap a treasure trove of goodies from under the tree? No way, Jose.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the ideal gifts to guarantee big smiles at Christmas and beyond…
1. Google Home Mini
In a nutshell: They’ll have hours of fun with Google’s virtual assistant… and so will the rest of the family.
Whether they’re five or 15, they are going to have love the Google Home Mini. Its plug-and-play setup is unbelievably simple – and saves you a massive headache on Christmas morning. Once it's up and running, it’ll provide hours of entertainment.
Simply by saying “OK Google” they can:
- Request and play their favourite tunes (make sure you’ve got a subscription to the likes of Spotify or Google Play Music)
- Stream movies directly to the TV with the help of Google’s clever Chromecast
- Ask any question – try “OK Google, how old is Santa Clause?” and follow it up with “OK Google, now name all of his reindeer”
It’s not just the kids that will love Google Home. With multiple-user functionality the whole family can get involved.
2. Amazon Fire 7 Kids
In a nutshell: All the fun of a regular tablet but with tight parental controls and robust, child-friendly features.
Suitable for kids from three to 12-years old the Amazon Fire 7 Kids' Edition gives them the freedom to watch cartoons, play games and browse apps within the safety of tight parental controls.
Designed for child-sized hands, its rubber kid-proof case is robust enough to take the bangs and bumps of play.
- Kids will be kids. So if they drop it, Amazon has a two-year accidental damage guarantee – simply send it back and they’ll swap it for a new one
- One-year subscription to Amazon Fire for kids – so they can access thousands of movies, books, TV shows, educational apps and games
- With four individual profiles, you can tailor bedtime curfews and set reading targets
- The child-friendly browser comes with curated web and YouTube video content
- They’ll never be without it thanks to 16GB of storage and 8-hour battery life
3. Instax mini 9 Instant Camera
In a nutshell: Got a young paparazzi in your midst? Get them this camera for Christmas and see instant results.
Make this a Christmas for them to remember by introducing them to the magic of photography, with the Instax mini 9 Instant Camera. Together you can capture beautiful snaps of your family Christmas, and print them instantly to stick on the fridge.
This fun compact camera is perfect for little hands and includes:
- Selfie mirror and close-up lens for unique self portraits
- High-key mode for brighter, more creative photography
- An eye-catching retro design to help them look super hip when it’s back to school
- 10 shots of film so you can get started right out of the box
4. JBL Wireless Bluetooth Kids Headphones
In a nutshell: Get them bopping to their favourite tunes with these volume-limiting, wireless headphones.
Funky little disco dancers couldn’t want for anything else this Christmas. Designed for kids, these fun and flashy headphones not only look great, they take care of delicate ears too.
Here’s why they’re gonna love them:
- Wireless to within 15 metres – play and listen to music without tripping over stray wires
- 12-hour battery makes them perfect for long, boring car journeys
- USB charging – just 10 minutes is all you need to get 30-minutes of use
- They even include a sticker set to help them show off their unique personalities
5. Ryze Tello Drone
In a nutshell: Prepare for lots of excitement and a whole day outdoors when your little one unwraps this on Christmas day.
Help them see the world like never before, flying by at 18 mph and in stunning 720p, with the Ryze Tello Drone. Buying for a nervous flyer? Have no fear. With all sorts of safety features built-in, this is the perfect starter drone for any kid.
It’s simple to control – it’s all done via an app! Take-off, land, hover and perform simple stunts at a touch of the screen.
With it they can:
- Use Bounce Mode to impress friends and family with their aerial skills
- Record and stream HD aerial footage directly to your smartphone
- Super easy to carry around, thanks to a compact size
- Land it safely – even when out of battery – thanks to Failsafe Protection
Share this article
Related in Gadgets