Control your lighting from your phone with Philips Hue smart bulbs
Smart light bulbs are no gimmick – they’re proven to boost kerb appeal and secure your home with ease…
Worried about leaving your home in the dark when you go away? Or fed up of fumbling for the light switch every time you get home because you didn’t want to leave the light on?
Thanks to smart home lighting, this could becomea thing of the past.
National Home Security Month is coming up this October. Boost your home security and save energy when the clocks go back with a smart lighting system such as Philips Hue.
With Philips Hue you can…
- Connect up to 50 bulbs around your home and control them all from the Hue app
- Dim them or turn them on/off from just about anywhere
- Up your home security - set timers so lights come on when it gets dark or while you’re away
- Integrate lighting into your smart home with an Amazon Echo or Nest Learning Thermostat
Increase your home's kerb appeal
Smart lighting isn’t just about saving energy. According to Deloitte, around two-thirds of people think connected devices – such as thermostats, security cameras and lighting – can make life easier.
Connected tech can even help you sell your house – 28% of buyers told Barclays that a property would be more appealing if it had connected technology.
They’d even be prepared to spend over £3,000 more (on average) on a home equipped with the latest technology, according to this Barclays report.
Use smart lighting to keep your home secure
The experts at National Home Security Month recommend using timer switches to turn lights on and off when you’re away so your home appears to be occupied.
But who really turns their lights on and off at exactly the same time every day?
With the Philips Hue app, you can customise your lighting routine for different days of the week. No more worrying about leaving the lights on – or off.
Kick-starting your Philips Hue Starter Kit
The Hue Starter Kit contains three wireless LED bulbs and a bridge. Get your home’s smart lighting system up and running in 3 simple steps:
- Fit the bulbs into your existing light fittings and turn them on at the wall
- Plug your bridge - the small white box with lights on top – into a power socket and connect it to your router using the network cable. Three blue lights should appear.
- Download the Philips Hue app onto your smartphone from the App Store or Google Play
Choosing your Philip Hue bulbs and lighting
Find the perfect light for your home with a choice of three bulb colours – Hue White, Hue White Ambiance, and Hue White and Colour Ambiance.
The Colour Ambiance bulbs allow you to fill your home with:
- Any shade of natural white light – from energising daylight to a relaxing warm ambience
- A choice of 16 billion colours from the Hue app - create vibrant lighting to suit any mood
- Perfect light for bookworms in reading mode or for evening workers in concentrate mode
Beyond bulbs? Check out Philips LightStrips…
Create a subtle backlight by lining the tops of bookcases, kitchen cabinets or the length of your hallway with these flexible LED lights.
Each strip is 2 metres long with the option to extend up to 10 metres , should you need a little more length.
Spark a magical ambience in any part of your home or garden with the portable Philips Hue Go. Or keep it plugged in at your bedside to wake you up with light in the morning.
Get more from Hue with Amazon Echo and Nest
Combine Hue with your Amazon Echo or Nest Learning Thermostat and it’ll pack a whole lot more punch…
Hue and Nest
Nest’s Learning Thermostat recognises when you come and go – adjusting your home’s heating accordingly.
Connect Hue to it and it’ll do the same with your lighting – switching off your lights so you can leave home worry-free.
Pair Hue with the Nest Cam to create a smart security lighting system that’ll mimic your behaviour to make burglars think you’re at home. Find out more here.
Hue and Echo
Amazon Echo is a hands-free, voice-controlled speaker and virtual assistant all rolled into one.
Not only can you ask Alexa to give you reminders or stream music, you can also ask her to control your lights. You’ll never have to touch a light switch again.