Every single one of us should feel safe and happy in our own home. We should also be able to have peace of mind when we leave it. Luckily, we have some super smart products to share with you that will help you do exactly that…
Bosch Robot Lawn Mower
Remember when human beings used to push their own lawnmower around? Crazy times. Thankfully, we’ve got tech like this Bosch Robot Lawn Mower to do the job for us now. That equals more time for you to enjoy with family and friends this summer.
Why should you get one?
- It couldn’t be simpler to control – you can do it from your smartphone or tablet by downloading the Bosch Indego Connect app.
- Logicut navigation lets you map out your garden for the bot, which will follow the most energy efficient route using parallel lines.
- The bot has a bump sensor to help it avoid obstacles, so you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged…or causing damage!
- There’s no need to keep an eye on battery. The bot will return to the charger by itself. If only phones and laptops had that kind of tech...
- It may be small, but it has enough oomph to cover a 350m² cutting area and it can also handle slopes with up to 27-degrees incline.
- Rather than collecting the grass, the bot will scatter the grass clippings across your lawn to keep it well-fertilised.
Ring Door View Cam
This smart doorbell will show you who’s knocking at your door without you having to move an inch, bringing you a greater sense of security and making life that little bit easier.
Why do you need one?
- Simply open your smartphone or tablet to see who’s at your door. The doorbell connects to your Wi-Fi and you can view everything remotely via the free Ring app.
- Two-way audio communication means that not only can you see visitors but you can speak to them from anywhere. Got a delivery while you’re not in? Just tell them to stick it behind the bin. Job done.
- Impact sensors mean that even if a visitor knocks rather than rings, you will still be notified.
- Not only does the Ring Door View Cam provide extra security, but it also does it in style. The camera will replace your existing peephole (if you have one!) and is super-sleek.
- Compatible with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings and IFTT
Make your life easier and your home more secure with the RING Door View Cam.
Hive Window or Door Sensor
If you ever find yourself questioning whether you’ve shut the doors and windows when you’re away from home, then this wireless Hive Window or Door Sensor is just what you need.
Our favourite features
- You can install these sensors on any window or door (including your garage) then use the Hive app on your smartphone or tablet from anywhere, to make sure everything is A-OK.
- When a window or door opens you will get an instant notification. If you’re not home, this gives you the chance to ask a neighbour or friend to check it out and put your mind at rest.
- You can adjust the notifications and schedule them to turn off when you’re at home. However, we understand that for those of you who have kids, you will probably want to leave the door sensor on so that you know when they get home at night-time!
- Easy set-up. You will have the sensor up and running in no time.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa.
Once you’ve installed the HIVE Hub*, you can start using the HIVE Window or Door Sensor to allow you to relax whilst away from home.
*You’ll need the Hive Hub to be able to use the Hive Window or Door Sensor.
Swann Smart Security System
This is the crème de la crème of home security. Whether you’re always jetting off, working late at the office, or simply want to feel a greater sense of safety in your home, this security system will let you know what’s happening outside your home 24/7.
The best bits
- Day or night, the two full HD 1080p cameras with motion and heat sensors can detect pretty much anything from cars to large pets. Complete and total peace of mind.
- View your cameras live from anywhere in the world via the HomeSafe View app on your smartphone or tablet – it’ll even send you notifications when suspicious activity is detected.
- As the cameras are thermal, they are clever enough to not be triggered by things such as the weather, or pesky bugs. This means that if there is a storm outside, you won’t keep getting endless notifications and footage of leaves blowing around.
- With a huge 1TB hard drive, you will not have to worry about using up the storage for a year. If you are really concerned about the hard drive’s memory, you can also connect the system to your Dropbox account to create more space.
- Compatible with Google Assistant.
Give your home the ultimate protection with the Swann Smart Security System.
Share this article
Related in Smart Home