The Currys smartwatch competition has lift-off!
What will a smartwatch be capable of doing in ten, twenty, third years' time? And what will it look like? We're putting the question to kids.
Parents: does your child have an imagination that’s bursting to be explored? Do they love art, or creative pursuits? Well, we’re searching for the brightest young minds to take part in our Future of Watches competition, in which the modern smartwatch is booted well and truly into the future!
The competition: We’re looking for children aged 14 and below to draw a futuristic smartwatch. Modern watches can do things like measure our heartbeat, record our step-count and, of course, tell the time, but what might the future hold for the unassuming device we wear on our wrist? We want to see bold, bright ideas.
Based on sheer scope of imagination and downright inventiveness, we’ll be choosing five winners, each of whom receive:
- A £100 gift card to Currys PC World
- The chance to see their drawing hosted on Currys’ TechTalk blog with their name and age printed below their work
- The opportunity to see their idea brought to life at the hands of a professional illustrator
Ideas to consider:
- How could a futuristic watch make school more fun? What would it be able to do? What special powers might it have?
- Imagine a watch could make people happier. How would it work? No idea is too zany!
- What would a secret undercover agent want from their watch? And if not a secret agent, a superhero like Batman or Superman?
Alongside the drawing, pleasure ensure your child describes the watch’s powers, either in paragraph form or by using arrows/annotations.
- Submissions to be scanned or photographed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (no images larger than 20 megabytes, please!)
- For legal reasons, submissions must be made by the parent or legal guardian of the child.
- One entry per child. Parents with more than one participating child may enter each child once.
- Please include the child’s age and name, plus the name of the guardian making submission, their relationship to the child and a contact email address.
- Deadline is February 23rd, 19:00!
We’re looking for inspired ideas that are:
- Carefully drawn
- Imaginative yet thoughtful
- Truly futuristic
- Capable of making the world a better place, or a great deal more colourful!
Terms and Conditions:
- To enter, send a photograph or scanned image of your child’s drawing to email@example.com). Entries should include a short, written explanation of the drawing’s features.
- Image sizes cannot exceed 20 megabytes.
- The drawing must be created by an individual under the age of 14 (hereafter referred to as the Creator). The entry must be submitted personally by the Creator’s parent or guardian (hereafter referred to as the Entrant). Entrants must have the Creator’s consent to enter this promotion and the right to act on the Creator’s behalf.
- Please supply the name and age of the Creator alongside the drawing. As the Entrant, please also supply the following contact details:
- Email address
- Twitter handle if applicable
- Entries by 3rd parties, collective entries or multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Entrants with more than one participating child may enter each child once.
- No purchase necessary.
- All entries received between 19:00 06/02/18 and 19:00 on 23/02/2018 will be considered.
- The competition will be judged by Greenlight Digital’s design team.
- There will be 5 prizes in total. Each prize will be a £100 Currys PC World gift card.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative.
- This prize is only open to UK residents, excluding employees of DSG Retail Limited and their families, agents (including affiliates), suppliers and anyone connected to this promotion.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any entries which it feels do not comply with these terms and conditions or where any form of bad faith is suspected.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost or incomplete entries.
- The winners will be announced to the public via the Currys Twitter account, @curryspcworld. (Tweets will feature the name of the Entrant and the winning Creator, plus Twitter handle where applicable). Entrants will additionally receive a confirmation email.
- Winning Entrants will be required to send their postal address via email within 30 days of the date on which the notification email/Tweet was sent. This is to ensure the Entrant/Creator receive their gift card via the post.
- The Creator’s entries will be recreated by a professional illustrator and may be used across multiple publishing websites, as well as the Promoter’s channels and websites. By entering this promotion you consent to such publication.
- By entering the promotion you consent to the Promoter contacting you via Twitter/email with further information on this promotion.
- Entrants who are webmasters of blogs are eligible to receive a link to their website alongside the Creator’s winning drawing. We (the Promoter) reserve the right to remove or refuse said link at our own discretion.
- The Promoters may contact the Entrant for a hard copy version of the drawing (this is to ensure a high-quality image is available for publication). The hard copy image can be returned to the Entrant once the competition is over, at the Entrant’s request.
- By participating in the promotion entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- English law applies to these terms and conditions.
Promoter: DSG Retail Limited (registered in England no. 504877), 1 Portal Way, London W3 6RS.