10 delicious ice-cube tray hacks #CubeIt
If you´ve got a hankering for something tasty or a little different, these 10 ice cube tray recipes will be sure to brighten your day, come rain or shine.
From Vanilla Milkshakes to zingy Lime twists in your favourite cold beverage, we´ve got something ...
If you've got a hankering for something tasty or a little different, these 10 ice cube tray recipes will be sure to brighten your day, come rain or shine.
From Vanilla Milkshakes to zingy Lime twists in your favourite cold beverage, we've got something for everyone. So get your freezers at the ready, it's time to get creative...
[Update] 11th August 15
We've teamed up with Samsung to give you the chance to win a Samsung Food ShowCase American-Style Fridge Freezer. From 8pm on 11th August, take part in our #CubeIt Pinterest competition and get pinning your favourite ice-cube pins from our #CubeIt Pinterest board to enter. To find out more detail, click here.
Chocolate & strawberry.
TIP – Enjoy with fresh cream and meringue.
1) Add dark chocolate to a saucepan and melt on a low heat.
2) Fill your ice cube tray so each cup is 2 / 3 full with the melted chocolate.
3) Press your strawberries into the chocolate sauce so the stalks poke out from the top.
4) Freeze for 1 hour.
TIP – Add to your morning coffee for a vanilla kick!
1) Combine vanilla bean seeds or vanilla extract with almond extract and add to low fat milk
2) Add the mixture to your ice cube tray
3) Put them in the freezer until solid
TIP – Add raisins or nuts for a taste sensation!
1) Mix butter and brown sugar and add one teaspoon of vanilla extract
2) Add flour and finish with a large helping of chocolate chips
3) Squish the mixture into bite – sized pieces and add to your ice cube tray before freezing
TIP – Enjoy on their own or with yoghurt and honey!
1) Blend fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries until finely chopped
2) Spoon into your ice cube tray and place in the freezer
Coffee ice cubes
TIP – Add to cold milk for an iced coffee treat!
1) Make a pot of your favourite coffee.
2) Let it cool to room temperature
3) Pour into your ice cube tray and place in the freezer
Flower ice cubes
TIP – Add to a cool drink for a fancy garnish!
1) Put edible flowers into your ice cube tray
2) Pour into your ice cube tray and place in the freezer
TIP – Great for using up spare stock & herbs – perfect for soups, sauces, etc!
1) Fill your ice cube tray half full with your chopped herbs
2) Make sure your stock is room temperature
3) Pour the stock into your ice cube tray over the herbs & place in the freezer
TIP – Add to your favourite cool drink for a refreshing twist!
1) Chop your lime into slices
2) Place into your ice cube tray, cover with water and place in the freezer
TIP – Perfect in ice-tea or Pimms!
1) Chop up fresh mint & fill your ice cube tray half full
2) Fill your ice cube tray with water and place in the freezer
TIP – This one’s not for eating, but is dead handy to have in the freezer over summer to treat sunburn!
1) Get your hands on a high Aloe Vera gel from your local shop (as near to 100% as possible)
2) Squirt the gel into your ice cube tray and place in the freezer
3) To treat your sunburn, gently rub the ice cube over the target area until soothed.