- Kitchen & Home
10 kitchen essentials for effortless entertaining
All you need are some clever kitchen essentials and you’ll look like an entertaining pro.
1. Keep food fresher with a smart fridge
If you’re planning on wowing your guests with delicious foodie treats, make sure the food you’re serving is up to scratch with a fridge that takes food preservation seriously.
And if you’re after a fridge freezer that really means business, check out the super high-tech Samsung Family Hub American-Style Smart Fridge Freezer. As well as all the usual features you’d expect to find on a high-end fridge freezer; like a total frost free cavity, water and ice dispenser and plenty of storage space, you also get a host of smart features:
- Internal cameras let you see inside your fridge freezer, even when you’re not at home.
- Watch TV or listen to radio using the big touch-screen display.
- Connect to Bluetooth speakers and beef up the sound.
- Create shopping lists using the app and add items using the touch screen or with simple voice commands
2. Use your kettle to welcome them with the perfect cuppa
There’s nothing more welcoming than a nice cup of tea when it’s freezing outside – a steaming hot cuppa or cheeky hot chocolate is the perfect winter warmer.
From cordless kettles that boil in seconds to instant hot water dispensers, we’ve got everything you’ll need to banish those winter chills.
3. Bake like a boss with a KitchenAid
A stand mixer is a godsend for both experienced bakers and amateur cooks and they don’t come any better than a KitchenAid. The Artisan mixer brings a professional touch and some retro glamour to your kitchen.
Made from die-cast metal, this is the kind of kitchen investment that will last for years. With it you can:
- Perfect your 12 egg Pavlova in the large 4.8-litre bowl
- Make buttercream without an icing sugar explosion thanks to the handy splash guard
- Cream your sugar and butter together while you get on with other things
- Give your kitchen some 1930s' flair
4. Get a helping hand in the kitchen with Google Home Hub
The kitchen is often the busy hub of the family home, and it’s safe to say that things can sometimes get a little manic when you’re juggling pans and preparing ingredients.
As always, Google’s here to help. Cooking is all about timing and multi-tasking, and that’s where the Google Home Hub becomes the perfect kitchen assistant. It has a seven-inch touch-screen, powerful speaker, and Google Assistant built-in, so you can easily control everything with your voice. Just say “Hey Google, show me how to make a Christmas dinner”, and cook alongside your favourite telly chef on YouTube without having to wash your hands every time you want to swipe the screen.
5. Make your own winter warming soups with a food processor or blender
Whether you’re cooking the starter for your three-course dinner or whizzing something up for a quick but tasty lunch, soup is a classic winter go-to.
But who wants to stand over a pot on the hob for hours on end? Why not, instead, just chuck all your favourite ingredients into a food processor and voila – homemade, hearty soup.
Or if you’re after something that takes up less worktop space, check out our range of handy juicers and blenders.
6. Make chips healthier with a hot air fryer
There’s nothing like chips with extra vinegar and salt for a cheeky weekend snack – and being on a health-drive doesn’t mean you can’t partake.
Enjoy the great taste of fried foods guilt-free with the Power Air Fryer XL. It uses little or no oil so you can create your favourite fried feasts, but with the benefit of containing up to 80% less fat.
It’s versatile too with the choice of 5 different settings, you can air-fry, grill, bake, sauté, roast and steam. And with its simple touch screen display, it couldn’t be easier to use.
7. Seriously substantial spiralized recipes thanks to your food spiralizer
It’s easy to indulge in carbs when the weather outside is frightful, but what if we told you cutting back could be cheap and easy too? Grab yourself a spiralizer – it takes your favourite veg and turns it into spaghetti – perfect for colourful winter dishes.
Swapping pasta for spirals of courgette or butternut squash is a great way to get your 5-a-day while adding a tasty twist to traditional dishes.
8. Blend, mix and chop in one go
Every once in a while, you’ll come across an appliance that seems to do it all – and the Tefal Ultrablend is just that.
This handy blender system makes short work of preparing food from breakfast smoothies to silky soups. With its powerful 900-watt motor you can:
- Chuck in some fresh basil, parmesan, pine nuts and olive oil for the perfect pesto
- Serve up sensational smoothies – the blades effortlessly cut through seeds and stems
- Master the perfect homemade pesto
With 11 speed settings and pulse function, you can make just about anything.
Cleaning is quick and easy – just rinse it in some warm water, while the plastic cups are dishwasher safe.
9. Get the perfect mix with precision kitchen scales
Some recipes require absolute precision when weighing out your ingredients and that’s where the Salter Heston Blumenthal Dual Platform Precision Kitchen Scales have got your back.
The ultimate precision platform can measure up to 200g in 0.1g increments – it doesn’t get much more precise than that. And the larger everyday platform can weigh up to 10kg in 1g increments, ideal or bigger bakes.
10. Make after-dinner coffee fast with Nespresso
Whip up after-dinner coffee without abandoning your guests with the Nespresso by Krups VertuoPlus coffee machine in piano black.
Coffee has never been quicker – it takes just 15 seconds to heat up. Then just pop in the pod, press a button and within seconds you’ll have a deliciously aromatic espresso.
If lattes are your cup of choice, the Nespresso VertuoPlus uses Centrifusion technology to top your coffee off with a delicious froth of foam. And you won’t have to re-program the machine every time – it automatically recognises the pod and type of coffee, adjusting itself for the perfect blend.
Make entertaining as easy as pie with our range of kitchen appliances
Share this article
Related in Kitchen & Home