How great would it be if your fridge-freezer could send a shopping list direct to your phone? Or even better, if you could order your groceries straight from the door of your fridge? Well, these things are now possible.
Meet the Samsung Family Hub, a Wi-Fi enabled ‘smart’ fridge that’s packed with clever tech.
Shop smart and eat fresh
At the shops but not sure if you’ve got enough milk left for tomorrow’s breakfast? Or if the mince for tonight’s chilli is in date? Panic not. Three cameras in the Family Hub take photos of its contents every time you close the fridge door – which you can view via the Samsung SmartThings app even when you’re not at home.
- Check whether you need milk or something for dinner from your smartphone using the cameras and app
- Tag food using the touchscreen so you know when it’s reached its use-by-date
- Pull up recipes on the fridge’s touchscreen and create shopping lists to send to your smartphone
Stay on top of family life
Sticking a note on the fridge as a reminder to collect the dry cleaning and then forgetting about it is something we’re all guilty of. Thankfully, the Family Hub takes organising family life to a whole new level.
Samsung has added a touchscreen to the fridge door – your very own interactive whiteboard to help you navigate day-to-day family life.
Use the Samsung Family Hub refrigerator screen to:
- Send to-do lists and reminders from your smartphone to the screen
- Have favourite family photos on display
- Show your smartphone calendar so you know what’s coming up and when
- Sync with multiple smartphones to create one family calendar
- Play music while you’re cooking with music streaming and built-in speakers
- Connect it to a Samsung TV (2015 6400 models and above) and watch your favourite TV shows while you cook
Flexible refrigeration for family life
Smart technology aside, some really clever engineering features keep your food in tip-top condition.
There’s no risk of odours going between the fridge and the freezer thanks to Twin Cooling Plus – so the pong of cheese and wafts of fish won’t move between compartments.
And you can create custom cooling areas in the fridge thanks to FlexZone. On the American-style model the bottom right door can switch between fridge or freezer with a touch of a button.
There are 5 different temperature settings and a Triple Cooling System that keeps the fridge at the right temperature and humidity so food lasts for longer.
Share this article
Related in Fridges & freezers