Which fridge freezer should I buy?
Looking for your first-ever fridge-freezer, or one that can handle a large gathering and big family parties? Find your perfect fridge with us…
The fridge freezer is the hub of the family – whether yours is precariously packed with goodies or scarily neat and ordered.
How big a fridge do I need?
Space inside is measured in litres. The more litres your fridge has, the more food you’ll fit in it. Average family fridges start at around 200 litres, while American-style models can reach higher than 400 litres.
Read on to find your perfect fridge-freezer…
1. For hosting dinner parties
You’re always entertaining and love nothing better than to throw parties for friends and family, especially in summer when you can spread out on to the lawn. Whether you’ve got grown-up children with grandkids in tow or teenagers still living at home, you need the fridge to live up to your entertainment standards.
Why not try… LG GSL961PZBV
An American-style fridge freezer is perfect. These are much larger than regular models – with the fridge and freezer side by side - so this LG model is a great option.
The best bits:
- One of our largest fridges (405-litre fridge/196-litre freezer) with lots of shelves and wide door racks for foods and sauces
- Fruit and veg stays fresher and crisper for longer thanks to the special moisture balance control
- Keep food in tip-top condition without ice build-up with frost free tech
- It’s quieter to run and uses 32% less energy, saving you money on your utilities
- Enjoy ice and cold water from the fridge’s in-door dispenser without the hassle of plumbing
- With Smart Diagnosis the fridge lets you know about any possible faults direct to your smartphone
2. Young couple decking out first home
You’ve just moved into your first home together and you need to buy everything – from TVs and washing machines to bedding and sofas.
It’s proving to be expensive – even though family are helping out where they can.
You’re looking for basic but efficient appliances that will get you up and running without breaking the bank. Your house or flat is quite small, and there are no kids running around (yet).
Why not try… Grundig GKF15810N
This starter fridge freezer offers plenty of space and good energy-efficiency for young couples on a budget.
The best bits:
- Ample space for a couple’s average weekly shop (168-litre fridge/95-litre freezer)
- Use less electricity and keep bills down with A+ energy efficiency rating
- Large salad crisper for keeping fruit and veg fresh
- Chrome wine rack lets you store up to 5 bottles of chilled pop and plonk
- 5-year warranty gives you extra peace of mind
3. Growing family with little spare time
Your life is very busy, what with work commitments and looking after children – not to mention all that food shopping for barbecues and summer soirees. Time is precious, so you’re looking for appliances that can make life that little bit easier.
Loads of freezer space is a must – you don’t have time for a daily shop and you need food to stay fresher for longer.
Budget is important, too. You have a specific amount of cash and you want the best possible fridge for your money.
Why not try… Samsung RB38J7635SA
The most popular type of fridge freezer is the tall, free-standing model. They offer plenty of space and can be put pretty much anywhere.
The Samsung RB38J7635SA is a great example of a premium medium sized fridge.
The best bits:
- Plenty of room for a big shop for a family of 4 (243-litre fridge/130-litre freezer)
- Everything from stored meat to all the prepped veg is kept in perfect condition in the temperature-controlled drawer
- Frost free means never getting the towels and hairdryer out again to defrost the freezer
- Food stays fresher for longer thanks to special cooling tech
- Enjoy chilled water on tap from the fridge’s in-door dispenser