‘Clean eating’ isn’t just another diet fad or Instagram hashtag - it’s vital for a healthy lifestyle. And with the New Year starting, there’s never been a better time to introduce nutritious, unprocessed foods into your day to day.
Here are our favourite kitchen gadgets to make healthy eating easier:
We all know that grilling is a healthy alternative to frying food in a pan. You don’t need to coat the grill in oil, plus it removes excess fat – which prevents it from being reabsorbed during cooking.
It’s not just for meat and fish either. Did you know grilling also helps vegetables retain more of their vitamins and minerals?
It might not be time to roll out the barbecue just yet – but a handy indoor grill will still give you those smoky grill lines – bringing a taste of summer to your winter kitchen.
We recommend: George Foreman Precision Grill
- Feed the whole family by cooking up to 6portions at a time
- Angle your grill to drain away fat and grease for easy cleaning
- Versatile cooking – pop in a lasagne or cottage pie thanks to a new deeper baking pan
- Prepare restaurant-standard steaks with the new sear function
Slow cooking has inspired a whole new way of preparing delicious meals without the fuss. It’s a great way to make healthy family favourites packed with veg, without having to spend loads of time boiling, grilling or steaming.
What is a slow cooker?
A slow cooker is a countertop all-in-one stew pot that makes cooking effortless. It’s so easy, you don’t even need to be at home. Pop in your favourite ingredients before leaving the house and get home to a wholesome and succulent stew, with all the flavours locked in.
We recommend: Morphy Richards Sear and Stew Slow Cooker
- Cool-touch handles mean you can quickly serve up after a long day of stewing
- Searing option allows you to lock in maximum flavour when cooking joints of meat
- Hefty six-litre capacity means you can feed the whole gang in one go
- No fuss cleaning – all parts are dishwasher safe
You know the score – you should be eating at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day as part of a healthy balanced diet – but are you?
Blenders are one of the best ways to get more vitamins, nutrients and fibre into your diet. Plus, they’re great for sneaking fruit and veg into kids’ snacks.
What is Nutri Ninja?
The Nutri Ninja is the ideal blender for clean-eaters. Why? It’s compact in size, simple to use, and super-skilled at extracting all the nutrients out of your favourite ingredients. Basically, it liquefies almost any fruit or veg, including the skin, pith and pips, to lock in all the nutrients and fibre.
We recommend: Nutri Ninja Duo in Black and Silver
- 1500 W motor copes easily with tough seeds, skins and ice cubes
- Easy clean – the cups are dishwasher safe and the blender just needs a rinse in warm water
- Pop in your ingredients and press go – pre-programmed settings determine the best mode for each recipe
- Take your finished smoothie on the go with a portable covered cup
Keep up your motivation to eat clean by mixing up your meals and making things a bit more interesting.
A food processor is a hugely versatile kitchen gadget that takes the hard work out of food prep. You can chop, blend, whisk, and slice to create a variety of healthy and delicious dishes, quickly and simply.
It’s a great way to cook from scratch without all the hassle, and using fresh ingredients means you can control exactly what goes into your food.
We recommend: Kenwood Multipro Compact
- Space-saving design so it won’t take up half your kitchen
- Comes with accessories including emulsifying tool, stainless steel blades and grating disks
- 2.1-litre bowl and a 1.2-litre glass blender for family-size meal prep
- Stainless steel parts that are dishwasher-safe and stay sharp
Steaming is quick and easy, retains vitamins and minerals in veg, maintains freshness and lowers cholesterol.
And yet steaming is known as the boring way to eat healthily. Sure, plain steamed chicken and veg is boring. But steaming doesn’t have to mean zero flavour.
It’s really easy to infuse flavours into meat, fish and vegetables by adding citrus and herbs to the water. And although a pat of butter would taste delicious, top with lemon juice, garlic or even houmous for next level taste.
We recommend: Logik Stainless Steel Steamer
- 9-litre capacity over 3 tiers to cook a whole meal in one
- Steam pots are dishwasher safe for less washing up
- Timer makes it easy to steam to perfection
See our range of small kitchen appliances for more gadgets to help your healthy lifestyle
Share this article
Related in Small kitchen appliances