Smart tech belongs in the kitchen too
Cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, organising the family week – it’s all done from the kitchen. Find out how a smart kitchen can help you stay in control…
Smart tech has most certainly helped put the ‘fun’ back into functional – you can ask Alexa to turn down the lights, answer the door from your tablet and use your smartphone to turn up the heating.
So why not bring this technological wizardry into the kitchen?
With smart technology proving that it’s here to stay there is no better time to start investing in your own smart kitchen...
Can a fridge be more than just a fridge?
The answer is yes.
Aside from making dinner for you there isn’t much that today’s smart fridges can’t do.
Take the Samsung Family Hub – this huge American-style fridge-freezer has tonnes of great features that will help keep your groceries (and your life!) in order…
- Always running out of milk? Well the Family Hub has got your back – its inbuilt cameras let you check what’s inside even when you’re away from home
- Get expiry date alerts – set expiry dates for your food and then check them while you’re food shopping
- Make a shopping list from your fridge – then access it via the Samsung Smart Home app while you’re at the shops
- Dinner and a show – watch TV or play your favourite music via the touchscreen while you’re cooking in the kitchen
- Stay organised – send lists, photos and family schedules from your smartphone to the touchscreen – like an interactive whiteboard.
Lighten the load with a smart washing machines
Let’s face it – doing your laundry is a bore. And it’s even worse if you have to do it for the whole household.
But help is at hand in the form of the Samsung QuickDrive™ – it makes bearing the load of everyone else’s washing a little less dull with its array of clever tech.
- Missed a sock? Then pause the cycle and add in forgotten items through a small hatch in the main door
- Forgotten to wash his football kit? Fear not – QuickDrive™ technology can get squeaky clean results in just 15 minutes
- Smart controls – check the laundry cycle, choose a wash setting and monitor energy and detergent levels from just about anywhere – the office, the gym, even the sofa
Extend your smart lighting into the kitchen
That romantic dinner for two doesn’t quite cut it when you’re sat under bright spotlights. Set the vibe for your next dinner party by investing in smart lights like Phillips Hue.
They’re not only great for mood lighting but can also provide you with bright work lighting for where you need it in the kitchen.
- Light when you need it – turn up lights when you’re reading a cookbook and prepping, then dim when you sit down to eat
- Brighten up your work space – use LED strips to shed light in gloomy corners or cupboards
- Hands full? Then go hands-free – connect your smart lights to your Amazon Echo and change the lighting when you’re cooking or putting away shopping
Go completely hands-free with voice commands
Alexa – aka the Amazon Echo – is a great assistant to have in the kitchen.
Multi-tasking has never been so easy than with this handy virtual assistant that responds to your voice commands.
Just ask Alexa to…
- Add garlic to my shopping list – or whatever else you run out of while cooking
- Find a recipe – need a bit of culinary inspiration? Then Alexa is on hand with ideas and advice
- Turn up the volume – when the sizzling pan or noisy extractor fan is drowning out your favourite tunes
- Start a timer – so you’ll always have the perfect boiled egg
- How many ounces are in a kilogram? Ask Alexa to work out those kitchen conundrums
The Amazon Echo even comes in a choice of colours and finishes to match your kitchen décor.
Want to get the best out of your Amazon Echo? Here are some hints and tips