- Kitchen & Home
Win big with the Hotpoint healthy recipe challenge
Win big with the Hotpoint healthy recipe challenge
Being able to cook is a valuable life skill that gives you a healthy relationship with food, and it’s never too young to start. So, to encourage children to get involved in the kitchen, we’re teaming up with Hotpoint at the Jamie Oliver Cookery School to unveil a healthy recipe challenge.
This one’s for children 13 and younger, though parents, you’re welcome to lend a hand as well.
The challenge is simple. We want your child to come up with a single recipe for a wholesome meal, which can be eaten at breakfast, lunch or supper. This recipe should tick three boxes:
- It has vegetables in it
- It has a protein in it
- There are no added sugars
The emphasis is on healthy eating, so while we all love sweet treats, no cakes or desserts please. The healthier the better, so think well-rounded meals with proteins, healthy fats and plenty of greens.
- For legal reasons, submissions must be made by a parent or legal guardian of the child in question.
- Submissions are to be written up as a traditional recipe (instructions, portion amounts and so on) but supporting materials (photos, drawings) that flesh out the idea are welcome too.
- Submissions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19:00 on May 12. Please make sure your supporting material doesn’t exceed 20 megabytes.
- One entry per child. Parents with more than one participating child may enter each child once.
- Please include the child’s age and name, your own name, your relationship to the child and a contact email address.
After the May 12th cut-off, Head Teaching Chef at Jamie’s Oliver’s Cookery School, Thom Walker, will go through all the entries before deciding a grand-prize winner and four runners-up.
- 1st prize: a Hotpoint oven and a family trip to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Harry Potter Tour
- Runners-up prizes: 4 x £50 Currys PC World vouchers
Terms and Conditions
Win a Hotpoint oven and a tour of the Harry Potter studios
- To enter, send a recipe with any accompanying material (drawings or photos) to email@example.com. Image sizes cannot exceed 20 megabytes.
- Entries must include:
- A name for the meal
- Ingredients (inc. measurements)
- Preparation instructions
- Meals must be:
- A main meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner)
- Have at least one vegetable
- Have at least one protein
- Comprised of no added sugar
- Additional photos and/or drawings are welcome, but the images cannot exceed 20 megabytes all together.
- The recipe must be created by an individual under the age of 13 (hereafter referred to as the Creator). The entry must be submitted personally by the Creator’s parent or guardian (hereafter referred to as the Entrant). Entrants must have the Creator’s consent to enter this promotion and the right to act on the Creator’s behalf.
- Please supply the name and age of the Creator alongside the drawing. As the Entrant, please also supply the following contact details:
- Email address
- Twitter handle if applicable
- Entries by 3rd parties, collective entries or multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Variations on existing recipes will be accepted, however any entries which copy exact recipes (from online sources or otherwise) can be disqualified at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Entrants with more than one child may enter each child once.
- No purchase necessary.
- All entries received between 19:00 12/04/18 and 19:00 on 12/05/2018 will be considered.
- The top 20 meal ideas will be picked out by Hotpoint, whereupon a top 5 will be decided by Head Teaching Chef at Jamie Oliver’s Cookery School Thom Walker.
- There will be 5 winners in total: 4 runner-up winners and 1 main winner.
- Prizes are as follows:
- Runner-up prizes: 4 x £50 Currys PC World vouchers
- Main prize: Hotpoint S14854CIX Built-in Single Oven and a family trip to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Harry Potter tour
- If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification. There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Winners must redeem their prizes within one month; failure to claim within this time period could result in loss of prize. The Promoter will not be responsible for delay caused by third parties.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this promotion.
- This prize is only open to UK residents, excluding employees of DSG Retail Limited and their families, agents (including affiliates), suppliers and anyone connected to this promotion.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any entries which it feels do not comply with these terms and conditions or where any form of bad faith is suspected.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost or incomplete entries.
- The winners will be announced to the public via the Currys Twitter account, @curryspcworld. (Tweets will feature the name of the Entrant and the winning Creator, plus Twitter handle where applicable). Entrants will additionally receive a confirmation email.
- Winning Entrants will be required to send their postal address via email within 30 days of the date on which the notification email/Tweet was sent. This is to ensure that each Entrant/Creator receives their prize.
- The Creator’s entries will be turned into a recipe card by a professional illustrator and may be used across multiple publishing websites, as well as the Promoter’s channels and websites. By entering this promotion you consent to such publication.
- By entering the promotion you consent to the Promoter contacting you via Twitter/email with further information on this promotion.
- Entrants who are webmasters of blogs are eligible to receive a link to their website alongside the Creator’s winning recipe. We (the Promoter) reserve the right to remove or refuse said link at our own discretion.
- By participating in the promotion Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Your details will be used to administer the promotion only and for fulfilling delivery of the prize.
- English law applies to these terms and conditions.
Promoter: DSG Retail Limited (registered in England no. 504877), 1 Portal Way, London W3 6RS.
Winners must redeem their prizes within one month, failure to claim within this time period could result in loss of prize. The Promoter will not be responsible for delay caused by third parties
Share this article
Related in Kitchen & Home