9 reasons why Sony´s new compact cameras will make the perfect travel companion
05 May 2015|
Introducing the Cyber-shot™ HX90/HX90V and WX500, the newest range of compact cameras from Sony. A small addition to your suitcase that will have a big impact on your holiday.
Sony's new pocket-sized compact cameras mean you won't be weighed down by a hefty travel bag. Their smart, lightweight design makes them easy to transport so you'll never miss out on capturing those moments of beauty when you're sightseeing.
Focusing on the big picture
Don’t be fooled by their modest size, the Sony DSC-HX90 and DSC-WX500 come equipped with some impressive specialised features to give your photos the wow factor:
- See what's in the distance with the 30x optical zoom. Not clear enough? Step it up with the Clear Image Zoom which advances magnification to a massive 60x.
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens will add sharpness and clarity to your pictures.
- 18.2 megapixels and advanced image sensors will help to avoid fuzzy, ill-defined night shots.
- The BIONZ X Processor will help bring your photos to life and maintain that rich image quality.
Both cameras also feature improved Fast Intelligent Auto Focus technology allowing you to capture those fast paced action shots that will take your breath away.
Fancy yourself as a connoisseur behind the camera? You don’t need to lug around a DSLR to be more hands on with your photos. The HX90 includes some exciting features for those who like to give their photography a little more time and thought:
- Pop up OLED viewfinder for a more traditional style of shooting.
- Control ring used in conjunction with the manual focus or step zoom function will allow more control over the quality and clarity of your shots.
There’s no need to reach for your Smartphone to take a great holiday selfie. The HX90 and WX500 have an attached LCD screen which you can manoeuvre to get your perfect angle. The built in retouching functions will give the image a flawless finish.
More than just a camera: exciting Apps from Sony
Store, share, organise and edit...whatever you want to do Sony's range of PlayMemories camera apps offer some great tools to manage your photos and videos.
Visit https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/ for more information.
Keep your Sony camera in top notch condition with the leather-look case available in black, brown or light brown. The case is cleverly designed so you don’t need to remove it to shoot photos, alter the LCD screen angle or plug into the USB port.
Your holiday in motion
Both cameras include Full HD technology which records using Sony's own XAVC S format at 50 megabits per second so you can make stunning, fast-paced videos.
- Intelligent Active Mode with 5-axis image stabilisation means the jolts and wobbles that come with handheld recording will be minimised.
- Don’t forget you can edit your videos using the Sony PlayMemories Home free software so you can edit together all the best bits.
Share your photos with friends and family
Who needs a postcard? Let your friends and family know you're having a great time by sharing your photos and videos instantly on your Smartphone or tablet with the built in Wi-Fi function.
Keep a track on your travels
The Cyber-shot HX90V features a GPS function which pinpoints your location so you can look back on all the exciting places you visited on a map with PlayMemories Home.
Sony's exciting new Cyber-shot HX90/V and WX500 compact travel cameras will be available at the beginning of summer. Keep an eye on the product pages for deatils on the release date.
Share this article
Related in Compact cameras