Start your social media career with Canon’s ultimate vlogging kit
Have you got something to share with the whole world? There’s no better way broadcast yourself than by vlogging.
If you’ve already got the awesome imagination and the new ideas, the only thing left is the equipment – the camera, the tripod, and memory device.
But wait. You’re a busy director, producer and social media influencer. You don’t have time to sit around researching technology. Say no more – Canon has you covered.
Introducing the Canon PowerShotG7 X Mark II vlogger kit, exclusive to Currys PC World.
Fix up, look sharp
Winning idea – check. Hair tousled to perfection – check. Intro speech written and practiced – check. All that’s left now is to shoot the video.
To help you make that dream a reality, Canon’s box of vlogging tricks includes the high-performance PowerShot G7 X Mark II Compact Camera – a portable powerhouse that can shoot DSLR-like pictures while still fitting nicely in your pocket.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re new to vlogging or looking to take the next steps to stardom – the PowerShotG7 X Mark II is the perfect companion for any social media enthusiast.
Why we love it:
- Keep your followers up to date wherever you are – built-in Wi-Fi lets you upload on the go
- The large 1” sensor means enhanced sensitivity and super-sharp shots
- The versatile lens can blur backgrounds for portraits, capture dreamily clear starry skies and create 18-ray starburst effects in scenes with bright lights
- No more shaky images taken by hand due to Dual Sensing IS image stabilisation
- Tilting screen makes it perfect for selfies, too – so you get the best of both worlds
For a camera that’ll cover stunning stills and vibrant videos, the PowerShotG7 X Mark II Camera is the go-to.
Take a stand
Big, bright, full-length shots are essential for any vlog. But have you ever wondered… how do the pros keep the camera so steady for those epic action shots?
The trick is to choose a tripod like the GorillaPod 500. This is a really useful bit of vlogging kit – and it’s included right there in the box!
Just like its camera companion, the GorillaPod 500 is compact and lightweight – at under 3 oz, you’ll hardly notice it tucked away in your pocket or handbag.
But what it lacks in size, it makes up for in versatility. Attach it to a wall, pipe, door, hat stand, tree branch or rock to shoot perfectly still footage from practically anywhere.
Why we love it:
- Get your shot from any angle – the tripod’s flexible legs wrap snugly around other objects for better placement and control
- Mount any device lighter than 1lb, from your point-and-shoot camera to lighting or a microphone
- It allows for a 90° tilt, making landscape and portraits shots as well as selfies slick and stable in equal measure
Keep your footage safe
Any pro vlogger will tell you that every single second of footage is sacred. So, you’ll want to make sure you don’t run out of space or lose any.
What’s the best way to make sure? Never go without your 32 GB SDHC memory card.
It’s included right there in the box, so all you have to do is slot it in and voila, you’re ready to start shooting hours of footage.
Then, all you have to do to upload it is swap the card into a computer and within minutes you could have everything on your PC and ready to start editing.
It really couldn’t be easier. Can you believe people used to shoot films on 8mm reels? Yeesh.
Why we love it:
- Record and store every detail in HD video as well as heaps of JPEG and RAW stills, thanks to an immense 32 GB of space
- Quick read speed means super-fast transferring of files – spend less time uploading and more time sharing your experience
- Need to swap it out for another card? Tuck it safely into your pocket – it’s that compact
So there you have it – a camera perfect for starting your social media journey, and a vlogger kit that's sold exclusively at Currys PC World.
Have we convinced you to start your own top vlog yet? Who can blame you, when fame can come as easily as this…
Get your hands on the Canon G7 X Mark II Vlogger Kit, and get posting.
Share this article
Related in Photography