Gamescom 2017, Europe’s answer to America’s E3, has been the biggest yet with reveals by Xbox One X, Anno 1800 and Nintendo.
We’ve rounded up the biggest headlines for you:
Xbox One X
We’re one step closer to getting our hands on the new Xbox One X. Microsoft’s biggest announcement at Gamescom 2017 was that pre-orders for the 4K console are now open – it’s due for release on 7th November.
Their livestream tickled our taste buds by revealing a special Project Scorpio edition of the Xbox One X. It’ll have cool custom graphics showcasing the console’s code name.
If that wasn’t exciting enough, Microsoft confirmed over 100 Xbox One X Enhanced titles for Xbox One X. Including Assassin’s Creed Origins, EA SPORTS FIFA 18 and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – each with the promise of 4K resolution.
HyperX Cloud Alpha headset
HyperX’s new gaming headphones have been a long time coming, but they finally announced the Cloud Alpha headset at Gamescom 2017.
Having spent 2 years listening to feedback from gamers on their headphones, Cloud Alpha is the ultimate gaming headset.
The first to get HyperX’s incredible dual chamber technology, the headphones can separate the bass from the mids and highs – which means crystal clear sound from gameplay and team communication. They’re also TeamSpeak™ and Discord Certified, and super comfortable to wear – perfect for marathon gaming weekends with HyperX Signature Memory Foam ear cups.
Compatibility-wise, the Cloud Alpha headset has a 3.5mm ports3, so you can use it with PC, PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One1, Xbox One S1, Mac, Mobile2, Nintendo Switch, and other VR systems.
The HyperX Cloud Alpha is available exclusively at Currys PC World – pre-order from 11th September
New Nintendo games and pre-orders
Did you miss out on a SNES mini pre-order? This might go some way to making up for it…
Nintendo announced they’re releasing a SNES-inspired 3DS XL console. Coming on 13th October, it’ll only be available in the UK and Europe.
They also revealed that 3 more classic games will be added to the Nintendo Select range – making gaming more affordable. Super Mario 3D land, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Kirby Triple Deluxe – we can’t wait.
- Fire Emblem Warriors will be released on 20th October on Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS
- There’ll also be a limited-edition Switch boxset
- UK pre-orders are now open for the upcoming Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games
Fulfil your Destiny 2
Are you one of the die-hard Destiny fans? There’s not long to wait now for the release of Destiny 2 on 6th September.
We’d already seen the reveal trailer before Gamescom 2017, but Bungie and PlayStation weren’t going to waste an opportunity to build the hype.
Here’s a reminder of what we know:
- Destiny 2 is coming to PC in 4K for the first time on 24th October
- PlayStation gamers will get an exclusive strike, ship, weapon and PVP maps
- NPC characters are actively integrated
- Grimoire cards are no more
Confirmed features include clans, more focus on storylines and better character continuity.
- The teaser trailer for Shenmue III on PS4 is here
- Sony is releasing a limited edition 1TB GT Sport-inspired PS4 Pro console
Anno 1800 announcement
Backed by popular demand, Ubisoft are returning Anno 1800 to a historical setting.
The strategy and simulation franchise hasn’t been historical since 2009, so it’s good to see the seventh title go back to its roots. Features like AI characters, trade routes and diplomacy are also making a comeback – great news if you’ve been mourning their loss.
Anno 1800 will also have single player campaign and sandbox modes, as well as online multiplayer.
It’s not due for release until winter 2018 but you can get a sneak peek by play-testing and feeding back on the game’s development at anno-union.com.
- Ubisoft showed off new cinematic trailers for Assassin's Creed Origins
- There’s a free-to-play period and 50% offer between 24th August and 4th September for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
The best of the rest from Gamescom 2017
- There’s a new trailer for Star Wars Battlefront II Starfighter Assault
- A Cats & Dogs expansion for the Sims 4 will be out on 10th November
VR news from Bethesda, with Doom VFR on PSVR and HTC Vive and Fallout 4 VR on HTC Vive in December.
Share this article
Related in Gaming